Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mctavish6

Almosthooked 3

mctavish6
11 years ago

Here is the last part. The last two gardens are the Big Pond. and the June Garden. I love the way Big Pond got connected to the rest of the gardens and patio. This is all a work in progress. I helped her place the plants but adjustments will need to be made. There is more room between her plants than I usually make (due to my limited space and greed to buy every hosta in the world). It will also be interesting to see how some of these do with what amounts to lots of sun.

This is what I'm calling the Intersection - where the Patio Border Garden, the Bridge, The Willow and Big Pond all Join.

Comments (20)

• plantbug
    11 years ago

WOW!!! Very lovely!! If you ever come to NC and need/want to do some work, let me know.

• i-like-to-grow
    11 years ago

and she drives a ford... can't beat that lol

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

LOL spend too much on plants to drive anything newer. Thank you Myrle for posting these and for all the help. I guess it is starting to look great when you put it the way you did. Just think .. I was trying to get out of work but now never want to leave my yard.

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Next step and Definetly the last. This is to be overflow bed but I just had to get it started a bit with the odd new hosta

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

now that my whole yard is exposed( mess and all) I may as well show you I do like othe plants too

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

I love all these rocks which might be free in the mountains. Nice pond! Nice gardens!

• paul_in_mn
    11 years ago

Thanks for the tour - would love to see a fast forward 2 years from now.

Paul

• Cricket_Love
    11 years ago

Again, lovely. Your view is stunning as well! Nice work!!!

• chris-e
    11 years ago

Everything you have done is just wonderful! I love all of the natural elements you have used together with the man-made objects. It has made the garden very interesting, you never know what to expect.

And you couldn't have had a better mentor. Every time Myrle posts pictures of her gardens, we all drool! :)

chris

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

There is no "almost" about it. Faye is hooked.

Steve

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Sreve, does this mean I should get help? I think Myrle already did that. It sure beats stupid email jokes lol Faye

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Oh we can provide all the help you'll need. Have you seen the Alphabet yet? Have you looked at the Garden Tour photos in the Gallery section? Here's a little eye candy for you.

Great Expectations planted with Hachenochloa Aurea

Steve

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

Absolutey beautiful and you can just imagine how it will only keep improving as the plantings mature.

Jon

• beverlymnz4
    11 years ago

Beautiful. It helps me think about the garden as well as my hosta.

Thanks
    Beverly

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Steve you are as BAD as Myrle. I have toured some of the gallery and I got a great expectation on my trip to The Greenery on their 2 for 1 sale( 10 with that recent purchase)Yesterday I found a Titanic and a Butter Crunch but can't find much information on that one . Sounds like BC is going to be pale green and so far Titanic is a really dark green and very pretty if it stays this way. Myrle said they have one called Frozen Margarita that I just have to have. She is so bad too. I may have to just go look ....40% off so it is a must! lol

• mctavish6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Steve, you're right there's certainly no 'almost' about it! She's beyond hope. This is a new experience for me, mutual encouragement for our addiction. My sister and I have shared the love of hostas for over ten years but we only really visit each other's garden a couple times a year. My other friends really like the garden but in a general way. They don't want to know the name and detail of each plant. This is a fun thing! I'd also like to say it's a two way street. Faye and her hubby are so generous with help when needed and Faye has made some wonderful wooden creations and given me some. I'll post some pictures soon but today the garden awaits.

I really like the combo of the Great Expectations and grass. That grass is really borderline here and though I try to grow it, it usually looks like a pathetic weed.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    7 years ago

These photos are gorgeous. I would love a neighbour/friend like Myrle! Faye, this is a lovely testament to what is obviously a great friendship and not just a hosta sistership! :-)

• almosthooked zone5
    7 years ago

Hard to believe how much it has grown and now wonder what to do with all the extras when I have to thin some down in the spring lol

• sandyslopes z6 n. UT
    7 years ago

How satisfying it must be to be able to compare these before and after pictures. I'm in the same boat having to thin out plants now that some are reaching mature sizes.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio