Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone have Totally Awe Sum?

Posted by jarih 4 in Finland (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 16:01

I don't have picture about this new TAS. Mine is in Canada getting strength and more roots. Maybe later this year I shall have it. If someone have already it - it would be nice to see a picture of it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone have Totally Awe Sum?

From the Hosta Library.

Jon

o

I'll pass on this one. When the marketers sell it as a "collector's item", that's code for "loser."
Anyway, it's ugly. And very, very expensive.
Boy, I must be cranky today.

o

I'm sorry to be rude: Is that just a severe draw string effect? I realize its a "collector item" but it looks like something that should have been culled in a TC process.

Or am I missing the point?

o

I agree, collection hosta --- but totally amazing that this one came out of Sum and Substance.

I'll be getting it since I collect hostas with Sum & Substance in it.

Gesila

o

Weird, unruly, and probably not very stable. If it can be divided often and still grow (given you have the time to keep up with any sporting that it will probably be doing) then it could be cool. But it won't be for everyone.

o

reminds me of 'Royal Tiara', or am I up too late with too many in-laws and out-laws visitors (almost rid of them, but not in a big hurry, as they are, mostly, really good folk).

Seriously, is the poster sure this isn't Hosta 'Royal Tiara'?

I do like it, fwiw,

hh

o

On third look, I'm thinking, 'What would be the next logical, or whimsical, naming convention from the always fun 'Strip Tease', 'Kiwi Full Monte', and, well, you know all the other fun variations from thereabouts...

g'nite,

hh

o

From a purely aesthetic view, I like it - great texture and color.

o

I think it looks like a public service announcement, 'This is your hosta on meth.'

Anyway, I read that the yellow is supposed to transition to green. If that happens, then I think I would really like it in just a green & white stage. Certainly unusual and I'm really looking forward to seeing it when it grows up and all the color transitions through the season. And I do like to see untidiness in hosta growth habits. The 'perfect mound' hostas get to be boring.

o

I like it!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here