Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New hosta force garden redesign?

Posted by hostahosta Z6OH (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 16:08

I don't know about you, but it seems every time I buy new hosta, I end up moving several (or more) old ones in order to get them all into a pleasing arrangement. I did that today as I planted some of my newbies. I just haven't been happy with the near, left side of the stepping stones, but maybe I have it now!

As many hosta as I have moved, there are some that got in the right spot the first time and have been there for up to 6 years now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New hosta force garden redesign?

Wow, it is looking good there.
What a huge urn planted with the tall perennials.
I have rock envy....you seem to have them growing out of the GROUND! and such great shapes, flat for stacking and round for the tumbled look.

On the lefthand side down low, how about a stone Japanese lantern? I think it could fit nicely on the flat rock at the lower left. It might help satisfy your itch to move things. Otherwise, I find nothing to change. Even a lantern would be just a thought, give some weight to that side to balance.

o
RE: New hosta force garden redesign?

• Posted by Eleven Michigan 6A (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 1:59

Yeah, I have a friend who doesn't understand gardening at all. He seems to think that you plant stuff and then it's done. He's obtuse in more ways, but that's beyond the scope of this forum. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here