leafwatcher
10 years ago

I think it would be defined as ...

"A fear of open areas of grass ...."

hahahahah, whats your definition?

Comments (17)

• TheHostaCottage
    10 years ago

Wouldn't hostaphobia be a fear of hosta?

Hostaphile would be love of hosta.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

Not phobia (fear of), perhaps phile (attracted to)? As in hostaphile or hostaphiliac.

Definition- Desire to have it made in the shade.

tj

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

Gotitalreadyaphobia - is the fear of not finding a new cultivar when hosta shopping.

Paul

• jadie88
    10 years ago

I have a variation on the theme:

"Soilaphobia (n): a deep fear or distrust of one's in-ground growing conditions. Those afflicted with soilaphobia experience a paralyzing fear of planting precious specimens in the ground due to the possibility of heavy clay, maple roots, vole infestations, or other threats. Hostaholics comprise a great majority of the soilaphobic population, and these individuals often develop acute potaphilia. Such individuals are often referred to as "potheads."

• flower_frenzy
    10 years ago

"Betweenpaychecksaphobia"-fear of having no money when hosta shopping!

• DelawareDonna
    10 years ago

Infestahostaphobia - an irrational and excessive fear that insects and viruses are going to kill your hosta therefore rendering you paralyzed and out of control to save them.

DD

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

Everyone of these posts has made me laugh out loud....I'm out here alone and the neighbours just went quiet... Lol lol lol
    Thanks for the entertainment...afraid I have nothing funny to add...still laughing! Can't type! Lol lol

HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END, EVERYONE!

• tepelus
    10 years ago

Kenaphobia--the fear of not being able to grow your hostas as big and beautiful as Ken's, even after you throw them on the driveway.

Karen

• bragu_DSM 5
    10 years ago

I would be dead

they are EVERYwhere in my yard

We could make a movie

I see dead people ... hostaholics all

dave

^_^ --~

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT
    10 years ago

Hostengulfaphobia - Fear of hostas being engulfed by surrounding plants. They're all jealous because every hosta gets a nameplate and extra attention that they don't get.

• DelawareDonna
    10 years ago

Nabahostaphobia - A fear that someone might steal your hosta.

• sm4657
    10 years ago

Can'tgetenoughhostaphobia....... a person that can't believe they have too many hostas.....

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Companionplantaphobia....fear of companion plants for your hosta taking up valuable square-footage in your beds, which could be used to plant MORE HOSTA! : 0

Screaming in the Night,
    Don B.

• DelawareDonna
    10 years ago

Contestahostaphobia - Fear of the letter X.

• DelawareDonna
    10 years ago

Contestahostaphobia - Fear of the letter X.

Sorry for the double post - how do you delete it?

This post was edited by DelawareDonna on Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 21:44

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

Hostaphobia = fear by the grass to be dug up and become fertilizer for the hostas via composting.

• WILDernessWen
    10 years ago

Hostaphobia= Lurking on the GW hosta forum for years before you join. Fear you may already be, or will become ONE OF THEM. Then you have to admit you are a Hostaholic which is a whole other disorder. Guilty on all the above. :) WW