Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flower_frenzy

Three cheers for Naylor Creek Nursery!!!

flower_frenzy
10 years ago

Hi all. I made a small order with Naylor Creek Nursery for one hosta "Frisian Pride" and one hosta "Clovelly". It only took 4 days for me to get the plants and the root systems are all big and healthy. The nicest surprise was that they sent me 3 of each plant instead of just one! Way to go guys!

Comments (11)

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here they are all potted up and ready to grow! If any of you would like to share your pictures of "Frisian Pride" or "Clovelly", I'd love to see them! :)

• jadie88
    10 years ago

I was just browsing over there today. Three cheers is right!

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I've ordered from them in past years and have been really happy. It's nice to see that they're doing as great as always!

• Lee
    10 years ago

I've ordered from them too and always happy with the multiple and healthy eyes recieved.

• irawon
    10 years ago

FF, I've admired Frisian Pride but don't have it. I took a picture of Clovelly's flower on July 2nd and it looks really pink. i don't know if this is unusual. I didn't acquire Clovelly until this year but it was a good sized plant.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

I first met Naylor Creek (Gary and Jack) at an SF Garden Show back around the turn of the century in March. I bought my first ever non-local bare root hosta from them...Guacamole. They have been on my trusted supplier list since then and I have never, ever been disappointed with anything they have sent to me. I always have received more than I have expected. Kudos

-Babka

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Irawon-I love that flower! I was so enamored with the piecrust edges that I didn't even think to check out the flower. Now I have even more to look forward to when she grows up!

Babka-I trust them, too. They send good stuff and always exceed my expectations. I wish their garden was open to the public. I'd love to get a look at it! Do you know if anyone ever has?

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

Flower-Frenzy- Many years ago...in a land far away...I think they had their nursery open for visitors. You could ask to see if you could visit.

-Babka

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Babka-I did ask them a few years ago and was politely declined. :(

• User
    10 years ago

I like dealing with the Boyz, Gary and Jack. Forget how I was so lucky to place an order with them while I was green as a hosta.The ones from my first order are thriving, plus all subsequent orders are exciting introductions too. It is a springtime ritual to call and chat with Gary, find out when my order can be shipped (I placed it in the fall for spring delivery).

Never been disappointed. Good clean plants, healthy and frequently multi eyed. Empress Wu was one eye...but it arrived in a box which looked like a long stem rose florist box! It was 33 inches long, counting the balled up roots. Never flopped, never wilted. The day after I taped and potted her up, she'd already busted the tape loose, ready to grow. She is one I bought especially to go in the ground....but can I bear to take a chance of damage coming to this beauty?

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mocc-You're fortunate to have room to grow the Empress! I've often admired her, but there's just no way! I only have one giant and that's Sum and Substance. I had to build a special raised bed against the house in order to accommodate him!

I've never taped my new hostas, but I've seen many posts here where it's been done. Can you tell me about it...why, what kind of tape, for how long, etc?

This post was edited by flower-frenzy on Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 3:16

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio