Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Mini's & Some ID help

Posted by Kate1970 7a (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 17:19

Found a local hosta retailer where I ran in the American Hosta Society secretary and she was buying hosta's. I took this as a good sign. :) The retailer orders from Bob Solberg and with that I was on my way. A few new minis from the retailer and Naylors Creek.

Back (left to right)- Holy Mouse Ears & Pandora's Box
Front: Cameo & Little Wonder
Center: Pixie Vamp

photo 20140720_134147.jpg

photo 20140720_134216.jpg

Please ignore the dirt all over my patio, a certain sweet but bad little dog had fun digging all the dirt out of one of my media boxes while I took a break inside for some water.

I emailed Naylors already but they must be super busy. This streaker came along with my order as a freebie but had no label. I'm sure he'll get back to me but in the meantime, any guesses?

photo 20140720_134318.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Mini's & Some ID help

Kate, I'm sorry I can't help you with the name of the streaker, but I really like your mini garden. I also have HME and PB, but lost my 2011 Cameo over the winter :-(

If this thread gets buried, bump it up or try new thread for the ID of the streaker. Streakers have a way of perking up everyone's attention (boing!) lol
Jo

o

Thanks Jo,

I swore I wouldn't start collecting minis and then I saw these guys. Still trying to get a hold of mini skirt. :) Will try your suggestion and post a new thread on the streaker.

o

Just to whet your appetite...here is Mini Skirt, new in June..to the left of it is Cracker Crumbs.

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 20:17

E-Mail the Naylor Boyz again or even a phone call. They are usually very responsive. Because streakers are so inconsistently streaked, it is very difficult to ID a new one.

-Babka

o

Jo why didn't I know you when I lived in North York, Ontario! Gah!

Thanks Babka I am going back and fourth with them trying to figure it out. Since it was free can't really complain. :) I probably wouldn't complain even if I paid for it, I love it. Perhaps as it matures it will be easier to id. We ended up getting into a conversation about getting old blanking out and going into robot mode. :) A place I visit more often than I'd care to admit.

This post was edited by Kate1970 on Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 21:32

o

Ah, Kate, it's all good! Lol. :-) just keep buying...and posting...and buying....and posting and I will try and do same, lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here