Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
These followed me home from Trudy's

Posted by leafwatcher zone 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 17:37

They are just like kittens and puppies.. pet them and they will follow you anywhere.

Faith
 photo IMG_4306_zpsb1fdeead.jpg
Rainbows End

photo IMG_4305_zps2acb577a.jpg

Maui Buttercups

photo IMG_4302_zpsa878c30a.jpg

A Streaked Seedling that has no papers...

photo IMG_4300_zpsccff1765.jpg

Summer Breeze

photo IMG_4299_zps04fc4d2c.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: These followed me home from Trudy's

Cute little critters! I like that unnamed streaker.

o

pray to God you dont bury puppies and kittens... yikes

ken

o

So cute, plus no potty training.

o

Ken , as long as you bury them SHALLOW enough or leave them on the driveway they survive !

o

• Posted by mbug 6 NJ (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 21:24

Love those puppies!

o

No papers....to funny! Glad you were able to grab one of the Rainbows End as they didnt last long......

Was nice seeing you again, sorry we were so busy and didnt get much chance to chat.

I did check what you thought was poison ivy at the base of the clematis....they are just the leaves of the clematis. Much different than other clematis leaves.

The newly planted hostas have gotten some nice rains.
Enjoy your hostas!

o

I wasn't sure about the Ivy.. but my Mom is SO dangerously allergic that I get very uneasy when I see anything in threes... :P

I have to say we could do no better on the weather for transplanting plants.. but wow! have my new ones hit the ground running.. they absolutely didn't ever need tape...and so far the rabbits haven't seen the new ones..

I could tell you a rabbit story that would make your head snap around.. but it was a little permanent for the rabbit.. and it involved 5 robins ATTACKING it !

o

do they eat much?

o

The rabbits have been mowing down all my smaller Hosta. They don't touch older Tiaras.. but they just maul the new ones ... and they have eaten all the flowers that were planted as seeds.they took a couple heuchies to the ground... caged them to save them. They ate a few cannas.. don't seem to like those so much? when the season gets later and hotter they get under the bigger plants and cut them off about 3 inches above the ground.. once in awhile they will take as much as a 1/3 of a plant in a couple days...

What really worries me is all the smallish streaked plants I have with only a few leaves.. one snack and they are hurt bad. and they grow like molasses flows...

I have had three dens dug in the open yard and who knows how many hidden ones in and around the place. My biggest problem is the brush pile in the neighbors unkept yard. Everyone around me has dogs and I think they (the rabbits) know my yard is dog free...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here