Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ubiquitous Empress Wu photo

Posted by sagae 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 17:50

Is there only the one photo available to nursery catalogs of Empress Wu?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ubiquitous Empress Wu photo

Hi, Sagae....I know what you mean....I wondered the same.
Perhaps someone has information to contribute.

o

Go on Empress Wu,the website. There you will see more Empress Wu pictures than you want to see! Phil

o

if she had a pine tree that weeped resin..

would she be...

pitching wu???

ken

oh God: wu is me ... alas poor yorich ...

o

I, personally, uploaded a pic of our EW in competition with it's neighbor Hollywood Lights.

What's the whine I wonder? It's a really new plant, so 'mature' pictures are lacking.

I always enjoy the picture of the now late Brian (heart rending) measuring the O.S. plant.

For Virginia's sake, I'm glad one of their plants finally made the famous list.

I still and will always label it 'Xanadu' Empress Wu, to remind me of all the wondrous Xanadu series these two folk introduced to the Hosta world.

fwiw,

hh

o

Search this forum for Empress Wu, we had pictures there in several threads. They will get big very fast. Mine is nearly as big as those mature fotos after 2 years in the ground, but I started with 2 or 3 eyes.

o

Wow, I didn't know that was Brian Skaggs in that photo. Actually, I didn't know who bred that plant.

bkay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here