Ghost Spirit

St. Paul

Gold Standard

Cathedral Windows

Vanessa

Comments (17)

• paul_in_mn
    9 years ago

Vanessa, all look good, but noticed you've got those light centered hosta looking very sharp.

Paul

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

They are all beauties. I especially like Lakeside Paisley Print.

CD

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    9 years ago

They all look so beautiful and perfect. I especially love Lakeside Paisley Print and Peppermint Ice.

Thanks for sharing!
    Linda

• mbug_gw
    9 years ago

Wow....batting 1000! Love looking at yours.
    Thanks for sharing!

• bchosta 8b west coast canada
    9 years ago

Grecian Vase really caught my eye, but the others look great too!
    BC

• maow
    9 years ago

Oh I love your hostas, especially Grecian vase and Peppermint ice, are they fast growers? They are so perfect, wow no leaf damage, I'd like to get a few more, but running out of real estate.

• lavendargrrl
    9 years ago

So pretty! Pistache is one I was not familiar with, and I really like it. Your hostas all look so fresh and healthy. I think Grecian Vase is especially gorgeous. Thanks for posting these pics, Vanessa!

• beverlymnz4
    9 years ago

Nice pictures, your Lakeside Paisley Print is quite nice. What kind of sun/shad does it get.

Thanks for sharing
    Beverly

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Beauties, Vanessa. I love your hostas. How old is your St Paul?

Don B.

• hostacats
    9 years ago

Wow, very nice, like them all. Lakeside paisley print caught my eye, and I did spy a tiny baby in there too, beside pistache. most of the names of hostas you guys mention Ive never heard of before. Need lots me thinks!!

Michelle

• TheHostaCottage
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for your comments!!

Maow, I'd say Grecian Vase is a fast grower. I've had it for 3 years and it is planted in almost full sun. Peppermint Ice is 6 years old and gets a lot of shade from the house so the white doesn't melt out quickly.

BeverlyMN, Lakeside Paisley Print gets almost full sun until the middle of June when our butternut tree leaves fill out. Once they fill out, Lakeside Paisley Print gets dappled shade.

Don, we purchased St. Paul in 2012. I think this one is a good grower, too. It mainly gets morning sun.

Vanessa

• irawon
    9 years ago

Vanessa, all your hostas look lovely. I'm glad to see that Peppemint Ice does grow. Mine fell into two separate pieces when I moved it to make room for a larger hosta and hasn't grown much since. What kind of light is yours in?

Love the rippled ones. Both your Grecian Vase and L. Paisley Print are gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing.

• User
    9 years ago

Ghost Spirit is a real looker. Best looking one of those I ever saw, makes me take notice! You do have lovely gold centered hosta. My favorite leaf variegation.

• beverlymnz4
    9 years ago

Thanks for the info on Paisley Print, I will give it some sun.

I'm thinking about getting Grecian Vase. Most of the yellows start out yellow and go to light green/chartreuse or start out light green and turn more yellow as the summer progresses. Which category would you put Grecian Vase in? I have a spot with some afternoon sun, Dancing Queen is OK there. Do you think Grecian Vase would do OK there?

Copying is a form of flattery, your Grecian Vase is perfect.

Beverly

• TheHostaCottage
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm glad to have enabled you, Beverly! LOL!
    Grecian Vase is one that starts out light green and turns more yellow. Mine gets a good amount of sun and in my opinion holds up better than Dancing Queen (my Dancing Queen tends to get a few burnt/crusty edges) so I think it would work well in your spot with afternoon sun.
    Vanessa

• beverlymnz4
    9 years ago

Perfect:)

• hostatakeover swMO
    9 years ago

Just looking at your pictures, Hippie, and you have some really beautiful specimans! To be honest, I'd never found Pistache attractive at all, but I'd only seen babies. It sure looks different as an adult ~ really, really pretty!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022