Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HVX testing

Posted by bkay2000 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 18:04

I'm doing an HVX test. It says not to submerge the test strip more than 1/4 inch. It doesn't look like it's in the solution. It's just stuck in the top of the sack, but that's the way the diagram looks. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

bkay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HVX testing

Hi bkay,

At the bottom of the strip there is a line with some arrows. That points into the solution and should just be up to that line in liquid. I often put a paper clip at the top to hold it at the right level. Depending on where you cut off the top of the pouch and depending on how much liquid is in the pouch it will appear to be at different heights I suppose. But it has to be in the liquid to work, and should only be wet at the bottom. If the solution doesn't wick up from the bottom it won't work at all.

Chris

o

Thanks, Chris

bkay

o

Bkay thank you for bringing this topic up.

I am reminded of a post from about a month or so ago where someone provided a link for buying test strips, but then something else about a reduced price ??

Am I crazy, I am going to go do a search through the forums and see if I can't find it.

But if someone reads this and remembers the post before I scrounge it up, linking it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and keeping my fingers crossed for Bkay :)

Ludi

o

The specimen was negative. Thanks for your interest.

What you might be referring to is the ordering page for the HVX test strips at agdia.com. When you bring the page up, it's not immediately apparent that you have an option to the $100. something price for the strips. It's a pulldown window, so you can order 5 kits, which is about $35. I missed it the first time.

bkay

o

Ahhh yes thank you Bkay. That is what I was thinking about.

I am going to order some strips for my new additions from the local nursury (I am not worried about Naylor) and also to test the ones that were already in the ground just to be sure.

Ludi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here