Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mosswitch

AHS garden in Springfield

mosswitch
10 years ago

We had occasion to be at the Botanical Garden in Springflield and visited the hosta garden. It was beautuful and peaceful.

Sandy

Comments (10)

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another view

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Paradigm

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hostas and daylilies

• tarheelbelle
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

Nice way to spend a day.

Paul

• timhensley
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• WILDernessWen
    10 years ago

Beautiful and peaceful, doesn't get much better than that. Ahhhhhh, WW

• flower_frenzy
    10 years ago

What a fantastic way to spend the day!

• gogirlterri
    10 years ago

Beautiful. I hope you've taken more pictures than these.

Have you ever visited the Blue Spring Botanical Gardens on the White River below Beaver Dam Sandy? It is a private garden as I recall, and I don't remember us having to pay to tour it. It is at the top of a bluff and you can look down at the river. Gorgeous and quite expansive. It's woodland section is on a slope. We were there in spring when the hosta were unfurled, well past dogwood time, and the Mountain Laurel and other late spring shade flowers were gorgeous.

The large spring, and adjoining pond are on a flat on top of the slope. It is bricked and very formal, and has a large viewing pagoda extending over the pond where you can watch the beautiful Koi in the pond. We got a big kick out of a Roadrunner in the wildflower field that was as curious about us as we were of it. I couldn't resist the temptation to go "beep-beep". hoping it would take off in a cloud of dust. I "beep-beeped" and it just stood there staring at me like I was 'nuts' - which I think I am. It was obviously a regular visitor because there was a sign along the trail that said "Keep and eye our for a Roadrunner",

Anyway, thanks for sharing your Springfield visit with us. If you get a chance next spring to visit Blue Spring I am sure you would want to share pictures of the gardens with us also.

Theresa

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Theresa, I have so many pictures of the hosta garden. We go there two or three times a year and it is always beautiful. Our hosta society has a picnic meeting there in August also.

We have not been to Blue Spring,, but thanks for the info, we will look into it. There is another place close to Springfield; Honeybranch cave and hosta garden, that we want to revisit. We have not been there for years and I am told it is nothing short of spectacular now. It was just starting when we were there last, about 20 years ago. I believe it was begun by the person who started our hosta society, if I have my stories straight. Next daytrip!

Then there is the Botanical Garden of the Ozarks in Fayetteville, Ark., which is fairly new but I am told it is worth a visit.

Sandy