Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafwatcher

I haven't posted pics lately, so hang on !

leafwatcher
10 years ago

Comments (17)

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

You have some really great-lookin' hosta there, Mr. Watcher!

Don B.

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It is strange to have some of my Hosta starting to mound like the big boys !

Just when I think I have every place full , my wife falls in love with another Hydrangia, so I have been planting some of them.. Possibly they will make more Hosta shade some day ;)

In the last few years I have planted a Japanese Tree lilac, a Redbud from my moms place, a Mohican Verbiculum, and now two very small Beech tricolors... I might have a few new spots down the line to plant...

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

First pic, bottom left; Is that 'Dick Ward'? Whatever it is, I like it.

Don B.

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Don thats a Stained Glass.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Beauty!

Don B.

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

leafwatcher they're looking good - the trio of center variegateds really caught my eye.

Paul

• WILDernessWen
    10 years ago

Hey Leaf, In the 13th pic what's in front of that beautiful big blue and what's in the cage? WW

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

You saved up a lot of nice pix.

Thanks.

tj

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Thanks for sharing.

bk

• trudy_gw
    10 years ago

Looking good! The Galaxy caught my eye. Know how much you will like the tri-color beech!

Sounds like you could have some nice shade in the future. Way to grow!

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am not positive the name of the companion plant without checking the tag, but I Wish there was a rabbit in that cage ! hahahah

Paul in Mn those three are my Great X on the north side of the house...they are growing well, but I think they are not quite getting enough sun for them to look their absolute best...

• User
    10 years ago

Well, I'm glad you kept track of where you left off so we could all be caught up. Love the way the two new beds turned out. Nice saved space by the way you built them.

I have a couple of hydrangeas, but not for shade. The oak leaf hydrangea gets tall and bush shaped, would make nice shade for quite a few hosta.

Don, did you order a Dick Ward this time? You will love it. Like Stained Glass but more brassy gold in the middle, and tough as nails. I've had mine since May 2010, and it acts like it is almost mature.

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

WildWen,

the blueish flowering plant is a Veronica Hybrid Speedwell, and the blue Hosta behind it is an A. Blue Crinkles.

• bettylu_zone6a
    10 years ago

I couldn't help but notice, besides your beautifully maturing hosta, that you have a unique downspout rain catching system.

How does that work for you? It looks to me like you simply drilled a 2" or so hole in the side of the square pot and added a pvc pipe to direct the water to where you want it to go... is there more to it than that?

I don't have the space or height to add a rain barrel, but I could manage a square pot!

BettyLu

• ajfan
    10 years ago

Beautiful.
    I love how you've displayed the names on rocks. What did u use to "paint" the name on? May have to steal your idea. Good winter project.

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Betty Lu yes I built that drain sytem so that as it comes up slow it sends water down a pipe to the Hosta on the east side of my house, if it rains hard the water over flows out and down the yard.

AJ Fan
    The rock markers are just painted on with paint pens, and then clear coated with a behr cement and rock sealing product. There is a thread about it here are the board. It was not originally my idea.. I found it here on the board.

• WILDernessWen
    10 years ago

Thanks Leaf, I have Giles Van Hees that looks pretty sad right now, too much rain in June I think. BTW, your GE's are lovely. WW

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County