Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostahosta

Trip to Cory's Wildflower Garden

hostahosta
10 years ago

Visited Mr. Cory and his gardens today. Came home with three new hosta plus a couple of large lady ferns and wild begonia. Here is Holy Mole

Comments (12)

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And this is Fragrant Dream, Hostapedia says darker green and faster growing than Fragrant Bouquet.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The third new one is Love Pat.

Anyone have pics of mature specimens of any of these?

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

You picked up a couple of my favorites.

Holy Mole

And Love Pat below from last year-

Paul

• virginialily
    10 years ago

Holy Mole is a very beautiful hosta. Does it stay that color all year?

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

I love the color on your Love Pat. I think I like the green better than when it's blue.

bk

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Nice late-season grabs, Hostahosta. I wish Mr. Cory's was close to me. Sorry, no mature pics. Mine are only slightly bigger than yours. Actually, your 'Fragrant Dream' is bigger than mine. Nice pics by Paul, though.

Givemeflowers, yup, in most light conditions, 'Holy Mole' keeps it's colors very nicely. Great-smelling flowers, too. : )

Don B.

• virginialily
    10 years ago

Thanks! I can't wait to see it get big. I love the pictures I am seeing.

Susan

• old_dirt 6a
    10 years ago

Holy Mole at 5 years.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

HostaHosta...you sure picked up some beauties....loving Hole Mole!! And that's quite the size of leaves on your Love Pat....And no wonder I love your HM...in it I also see Avocado and Guacamole...one big, happy family...I think I'm going to add Holy Mole to keep my Guacamole company and keep adding fragrance to my garden....not to mention the rhyme....holy mole guacamole..

Thanks for doing your part in enabling me! Lol

Note to Don: I guess the hosta quest never ends, huh? :0). I am SO GLAD you inspired me to get GUac.

Note to Paul and Old-dirt: your plants? . . . Just gorgeous!!!!!! Paul...adorable "windmill" ... You've just inspired me to spray paint my black garden tea trolley the colour of your Love Pat and chair! Thanks! :-)

Jo

This post was edited by josephines67 on Tue, Oct 8, 13 at 0:06

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Old Dirt, that's an awesome 'Holy Mole'. I think next season, mine will be five years old. If it looks like anything close to yours, I'll be ecstatic.

Don B.

• old_dirt 6a
    10 years ago

Thx Jo & Don. It is my plant and one of my favorites. It is also one of the last to go dormant, still looks good here while several others are looking poor. I think next year I will try to add more from that family or group.

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

Very nice h.'Holy Mole' shown here, thanks! Mine is planted just this year, got it from LOTG, but looks beautiful. I have also others of that family, love them all, especially that they like the sun. I have 2 h.'Guacamole', 2 'Avocado', 'Fragrant Dream' and just got a 'Fried Bananas' from Glenbrook Farm. People must see me bending down to enjoy the flowers of those, nice scent. Bernd

My h. 'Holy Mole' a month ago.