Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Video

Posted by melati z4-5 ME (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 19:07

Trying Hosta video too... getting dizzy watching this without image stabilizer... hope its not too bad lol!!

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Video

You have some very beautiful hostas,Melati,but what's with the strange camera format? Were you holding the camera vertically? Other than that,I enjoyed the tour;you should be proud of your garden! Phil

o

A M A Z I N G !!!!

An absolutely gorgeous garden. Almost all your hosta look virtually unscathed by the weather and critters.

Thank you so much for sharing.

I do have a question though. Towards the end of the video as you are showing us the last part. You come up to Risky Business and then I believe it is Touch of Class next to it.

THEN there is the upright with the with centers.

What is the name of that ?!?!?!? I was thinking either Cascades or Sharp Dressed Man.

When you first started the tour I noticed it while you were still on top of the hill and got all excited as I watched you head down the path.

Whatever the name is, could you be so kind as to share so that it may go immediately onto my list, please.

Much obliged,

Ludi

o

Very nice.

o

Oh melati, what a beautiful garden you have. I'm quite envious of your great space and your extensive hosta collection. How many do you have?
Jan

o

Beautiful, Melati. Did you take this with an iPad? Does it matter whether you hold the iPad horizontally or vertically? I'm intrigued because I have been thinking of getting one. Never realized that, with the right app, you could take videos like this.

Steve

o

Phil... I was walking with my ipad... Should hv turn it sideway haha.. Maybe will redo it..
Jan... Not sure... Lost quiet a bit to voles and weather this past winter and maple tree's lol!!! Less than 400 i think.

o

Absolutely beautiful gardens. I could never take a video without the shakes. I bought a tripod and it does wonders. They have tripods that clamp onto Ipads. It might be worth trying.

o

Melati
Your gardens are absolutely beautiful. How many hosta do you have in your collection? It looks like a park and you should be very proud of you creation. Love the idea of the video even if I don't know all the names of your hosta

o

Thanks Melati ! I am excited to say I purchased a Cascades earlier this year.

After seeing yours I can hardly wait for mine to grow up.

Ludi

o

Another video from my backyard :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

After watching your new video, I am not sure we both live on the same planet !

What a nice variety of terrain...

o

Amazing. Immersed in green, and shades of gold and blue, I can imagine the hosta feel they are back home in Asia. How refreshing to walk quietly through your garden.

o

Please go and visit this vid !

I so want to go and personally cruise this garden!

hh

o

So beautiful!
Just what I wish I could have, but simply don't have a large enough lot size and the right kind of shade.
Thanks for sharing!
BettyLu

o

:) thanks

o

Fantastic and you have greatly improved the camera work as well.

Jon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here