Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbug_zone6

Mailman Came !!!

mbug_gw
9 years ago

Some beautiful ones came today from Lakeside Acres. I have received 3 recent orders from them and all have been just terrific. Rob is great to deal with too.
Huge Luna Moth

Beautifully colored Autumn Frost

And American Hero...can't wait to get it in the ground and see it unfurled. Don't have this one ....would like to see yours.

Added a new small section to an existing bed for these
plus a Lakeside Paisley Print that was also from Lakeside.

Need a couple more to fill it out. Any suggestions for additions?

Comments (12)

• irawon
    9 years ago

Boy, you got beautiful specimens. I don't have American Hero... can't wait to see yours planted.

• anniegolden
    9 years ago

I have a question about receiving delivery of live plants in the heat of the summer. My house faces south and my front step is very hot. Any box of plants left on my front step for more than a few minutes would turn into steamed vegetables. How do you deal with this?

• dg
    9 years ago

For suggestions of more hosta to fill in, some solid blue or yellow to complement the variegated hosta you just bought.

You received some great looking hosta, btw!

• luckyladyslipper
    9 years ago

Anniegolden: Mine is too, but luckily I was home when my delivery came, and I whisked them inside. You could estimate when your order might come and leave a note on the door, asking the deliverer to put them behind a shrub or something. Or - I ordered a plant for my sister, and she asked me to have it mailed to her office.

• hostanista
    9 years ago

Wow, those look totally amazing! Great choices, I'm putting Luna Moth on my "must have" list right now. I have American Hero, love the uniqueness of the leaves. This one was planted in 2013. It has more leaves this year but I like the photo from 2013 (overhead shot) better so here it is:

• Lee
    9 years ago

Nice looking hostas mbug, i don't have American Hero yet,..guess I will need to get more hosta from Rob :)

• hostacats
    9 years ago

Wow you got some nice looking hostas and not puny ones!! I'm waiting for an order from Ontario. Hope it comes tomorrow!!! I have ten plants coming!!!

• tepelus
    9 years ago

Here's my American Hero from a few days ago.

Karen

• mbug_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Annie...haven't had any problems with summer deliveries. Face south also. I'm in New Jersey and most of mine come from quite a distance. If packaged correctly, In spite of the heat, they have all been fresh...paper towels still wet. Maybe I've just been lucky but no problem so far.

Hostanista...definitely like yours.

Karen...thanks for sharing...started reading your stories...good luck with your novel!

This post was edited by mbug on Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 21:51

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    9 years ago

Great looking plants, nice and big. I have American Hero, but it's barely grown in two years, your new one is much larger. Might be time to move it to a spinout bag.

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    9 years ago

You will absolutely adore your Luna Moth, Mbug, it's one of my favs.

Looks like you got a great-sized clump, too! I love Autumn Frost as well, my eyes are always wandering over to it. That American Hero is the perfect hosta to arrive at 4th of July. Great choices.

• hostacats
    9 years ago

Oh I love that Luna Moth....I want one!!

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!