Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Glory...

Posted by hosta_freak z6 NC (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 19:57

Here's my new hosta,Old Glory,planted in the garden. It seems to like it there. Phil

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old Glory...

Phil that is one choice looking Hosta in pristine condition. I'm assuming you found that at a local nursery?
Cher

o

Wow, that's a nice specimen of a really interesting hosta. Good Choice! (I'm so jealous of people who can buy pretty hosta locally.)

bkay

o

• Posted by mbug none (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 21:00

A real looker!

o

Yeah,it came from a nursery just north of where I live. I've found many nice plants there over the years. They didn't have the Empress Wu that I got recently,but he always has some nice hostas. Most of the ones I saw recently were ones I already have,but I always like his plants. Phil

o

Looking very happy in this heat!

o

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 21:51

Bkay- In a way that is good (not finding cool looking hostas locally). You (and I) would be filling our cars with them. I get most of mine bare root and w/o and leaves, just little white eyes in March. Then I say...why did I get this one? Most of the time I have a good answer, but not always.Just think if you lived near Chris Wilson at Hallson Gardens. Argggggggggggggggh.

-Babka

o

Beautiful! Now I want one too

o

Phil - Have you visited Rux Gardens this year? Your H. Old Glory is gorgeous.

o

Yeah,I have,Plantbug. Where do you think I got Old Glory? Greg said this plant never sold well,and the one I have was really root-bound! I also got Lakeside Lagoon, Spring Fling, and a Japanese Painted fern. Greg said Bob Solberg will be back next July,but not this year,since he moved his nursery to Franklinton. Thanks for the comments! Phil

o

Don't you just love the fern mixed in with the hosta! I got my Japanese painted fern and it has doubled in this past month
Great finds

o

Opps! I sent the wrong fern. This is my painted . I have another but have to bring it in. It is a bird nest fernand it too has gone crazy outside

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here