Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostahosta

In my garden this evening

hostahosta
9 years ago

Alex Summers always looks fresh and well turned out.

Comments (22)

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bluetini. Nice small blue, with pretty leaf shape.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Journey's End in the center, surrounded by companions, hosta friends, and garden art.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

August Moon, an oldie but goodie. Really glows.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Emerald Charger. Fragrant flowers, bright foliage.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Fragrant Dream. The fragrant ones seem to look good throughout the season for me. When I bought this one from Mr. Cory last August, he said "If it looks good now, you know it looks good all season long"

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Tea at Bettys. New from Naylor Creek last Sept. Has a dainty, delicate look to it.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Beautiful!

Don B.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Inniswood. Bright gold with a narrow green margin. Just a youngster, but looking good.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lakeside Midnight Miss. Small, very dark green, shiny, wavy. Has had a hard season with cold damage, trampled by racoons, but going strong.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Silver Bay. One of my favorite blues, silvery blue, appropriate to its name.

Thanks for looking. Please post your recent garden pics.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

I agree completely, Silver Bay is so great. One of the best blues, in my opinion. So glad I got one. Your plants are looking really nice, Hostahosta. Your Alex Summers is to die for.

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 20:47

• mbug_gw
    9 years ago

Enjoyed the tour.
    Thanks!

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

Looking mighty fine! Love Tea at Betty' s.

DD

• hostacats
    9 years ago

Not the best picture. I'm not good at remembering names but the big one is frances Williams and the one on the right is an albo picta. Off hand can't remember others sorry.

Michelle

• irawon
    9 years ago

Hostahosta,
    That's a wonderful woodland setting you have there for your hostas...looking mighty fine. I agree , Alex Summers is a great hosta, yours is really fresh looking and symmetrical. I have August Moon planted to the right of my Alex Summers... another favorite of mine.

What is the lovely, upright, rippled hosta in your fourth pic. top left?

{{!gwi}}

• User
    9 years ago

hostaHosta, thank you for posting that LS Midnight Miss. I think THAT is what ........someone has instead of Irish Luck! Aha moment here.

Also, what I see in the twisty leaf tips is ventricosa genes. Of course, that leaf texture is not so much ventricosa. I must be a strong resilient hosta! :)

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

I am loving Alligator Shoes, even with some cold-damaged leaves. I agree with Steve_Mass, this will be something special.

Don B.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Currently, Diva has sort of a lemon-lime color throughout it's leaves; Forest Shadows is the little one in the pic.

Don B.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Harpoon is a good one...

Don B.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    9 years ago

irawon: the hosta you asked about is Lakeside Ripples

Don: Like the shiny Harpoon

hostacats: nice combo in your pic. Love the ladybug!

• hostahillbilly
    9 years ago

Summer is finally here, sorta.

• User
    9 years ago

Don's Harpoon shows more color in the margins than mine, which is gone all creamy on me. However, it started new in a pot this spring from a dormant state. I got TWO of them to make a statement and loved the yellow margined leaves which arose. Some margins are difficult to keep colored. It is a good thing I like this plant any way it comes.