Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovetogrow

5 Months to Alphabet

Just a reminder that it is 5 months till we will again be playing the alphabet game. Get your photos ready. Starts December 26, 2013 with A. Crikey it does not blimey seem like it, peeps. And for those who do not know we do a different letter every other day. Great fun for everyone.

Comments (16)

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

What are you doing, reminding us that in 5 months we will have snow here, and there is Xmas? LOL. Bernd

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

Crikey it does not blimey seem like it, peeps.

==>>????? .. lol

and why cant you do it now?????

ken

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

I don't even want to THINK about snow, I still have almost 3 months left in my growing season!

Took lots o' pics this year, though. I'll be ready. : )

Don B.

• beverlymnz4
    10 years ago

Thanks for the reminder. Too cold to dab today, might as well take some pictures and get them organized.

Beverly

• TJBRRT
    10 years ago

Will you please explain to us who are new to website?

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    10 years ago

I love the alphabet game. It is great to see all the photos. For those of you who are new, don't worry that your hostas are not mature enough to be added to the alphabet game. I love seeing young specimens as well as mature ones----I think others do too. When I don't have a hosta to photo for certain letters of the alphabet, I figure that I just don't have enough hostas! But the truth is that we don't need an alphabet game to tell us we need more hostas---because we just need more hostas! LOL

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

TJ ...

they post pic.. with posts according to alphavbet ...

so you might have a post titled: NOW ITS TIME FOR THE A's ...

see link for an example

bottomline.. its enabling.. lol ...

welcome to GW ... better have money and garden space.. if you are going to keep up with these nuts ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Blimey crikey .... I did not tell you peeps to live in snow. Sorry you do. Still room in Florida and hostas do grow here too.

Gee Ken would you post a photo? Cannot do it now. Still growing season left and rules are rules.

Bernd ~ day after Xmas even better. Get a hosta you want now. Not going to get it then. Actually not a bad idea. Time to shop. lol

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Can we add a NOID day? I'm terrible at doing IDs, but some of the mystery hostas are awfully pretty. Does "Lakeside" get a separate day?

• jan_on zone 5b
    10 years ago

Perhaps Ken will contribute to the alphabet this time - seems to me he was strangely absent last year, pleading unworthy plants due to last summer's drought. Krikey some of us peeps would love to see his hosta!
    Blimey that would be sublime.
    Jan

Original Author
    10 years ago

lol I am with you Jan.

MadPlanter there is a NOID day and a Lakeside

But I am open to ideas....from any of you ...peeps!

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Bollocks! I'll stay in Colorado and take the snow, I will. Hates them hurricanes, gives me the screamin' abdabs, they do! Enough to make a bloke bab his knickers. Like the bloody dry heat, I do. Been to Disney World once; THAT holiday was beezer! Ha ha that Mickey Mouse is the bees knees, he is!

Cheers, mate!
    Don B.

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

Don't talk bad about hurricanes because they usually drop off some steady rain here up Northeast in NY.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

That is good, Bernd. I know the Northeast gets a lot of moisture from them. I just meant that Florida regularly gets pulverized by them. : (

Don B.

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

I'm new to the game - do the hostas have to be in our own garden? I'm going on a hosta walk and am sure to see lots of beautiful plants.

For example, my Camelot is a tiny unimpressive thing, but I do have a nice shot of a mature specimen. Would much rather post that than Jr.

Any special days besides NOID and Lakeside?

Original Author
    10 years ago

As long as it is your photo from your camera I think is the only rule. Mature hosta photos or liners works for me.

I was also thinking of 'Fragrance', so we can get a group listing of plant names that smell nice.

'Seedlings' so we can see what popped up this year.
    Streakers as they are becoming popular.

If anyone has any suggestions I am open.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor