Woof

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today's shopping haul

Nice! Where'd you get those babies?
Vanessa

o

Nice large ones. Love to buy them big, as I have no patience to wait for them to grow.

o

You ain't messin' around, HH...I like it!!

Don B.

P.S. What's the large-leafed one at top left, a sport of Sum and Substance? It's huge...

o

Nice plants! Where did you find such big ones?

o

Wow, awesome and still nice at this time of year!! How much you pay for big guys like that?? They are amazing. Yes I like that big one on left corner top.

Michelle

o

Hmm. "nice" camera work here;)

o

• Posted by bragu 5a DSM (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 17:26

How come you left room for people in there?

next time, take a bus!

dave

o

I hope you didn't let that empty passenger seat go to waste.

o

Is the passenger seat full of venusta and Tiny Tears??

Don B.

o

Top left is Sum of All. There was a Final Summation back in there somewhere as well. And yes, there were plants between the passenger's legs on the right floor too. It's a 180 m mile round trip so we don't fool around. I'm just sorry we passed on a big mature specimen of Foxfire Palm Sunday. It was over our budget, rats. Twas stunningly unique. Best deal of the day was a trade of O.S. Beauty Queen for O.S. Jake's Li'l Berry, not even on the market to my knowledge.

Sorry so late responding - tour season in full swing, and been busier than usual after local TV station feature on our gardens.

Happy Trails!

o

HH, I am so impressed. How did I nearly MISS this thread, it is way back in the 5th or 6th page and just barely noticed.

Tell us about the TV feature on your gardens. Who did the talking, your or the Lady?

I'm dreaming of visiting a real nursery now.....a real HOSTA nursery. I cannot come home empty handed.

o

You have some great secret sources HH.

Jon

o

HH, when you get a moment to take a breather PLEASE post a picture of Jake's Li'l Berry. I've never heard of it and there's no pictures of it on the HL or internet that I can find. I think everyone here would love to see a pic of a new Hosta.

GREAT haul, BTW.

o

To answer a question, most are in the $15 range. At 18 we start to balk and rarely do 20 or more, which is why the Foxfire Palm Sunday got left behind, waaaaa. That's a $400 load already and so the slush fund was depleted at that point! I'll post up the Jake's on a new thread.

Happy Trails,
hh

o

Pretty obvious you didn't get those plants from Hostas Direct! Ha ha ha ha ha ...

Don B.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here