Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Missing Messages

Posted by bkay2000 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 21:08

Has anyone else noticed missing messages? On a couple of occasions in the last few days, I thought I posted to a thread, but it's not there. When I piddling, I'm easily distracted, so I assumed I didn't actually post it when I finished editing it.

However, today, I could swear that Steve posted to "H. Elegans and my soil nightmare". He said something about mulch and earthworms. That post isn't there now.

Is this just isolated, or do we have something we should report?

bkay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Missing Messages

Bkay,

This may be my fault. I had replied under the "Did I reset the clock" post earlier today and Steve responded to my reply under that post.

I then started a new post "H. Elegans and my soil nightmare" since I didn't think the part he was discussing with me belonged in a post about dividing hosta and their resulting immaturity.

My apolgies for any confusion. But he did post about the top dressing and earthworms so there is nothing lost.

Best,
Ludi

o

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 23:24

Nothing is lost, except Bkay's sanity. (Gigantic Smile here)
Geez I wish I could have a dime for every double post, mistake post, or misspelling that I ever made here over the past 12+ years.

Bkay you are NOT alone. Thank you Ludi for setting things straight so that Bkay can find out that she isn't going nuts, and that she did indeed see Steve's post.

For those of us who hang around this site for years and years, we've seen (and done) it all.

Happy July 4th to all.

-Babka

o

I am doing similar things, that is I submit something I thought I did and did not do it, but then to retype it would be too much effort. In my case, once you are over a certain age, this can happen.
Bernd

o

Bernd,

There are some things I don't want to know. ;)

bkay

o

this is the most active forum i use.. and i am often surprised.. that some posts can fall to the middle of page 2.. overnight ...

ken

o

Ken, overnight? I'm having all I can do to read something before it disappears. I guess if I shortened my responses, they'd be up before everybody went to sleep......but hmmm, I don't know if I can bear to do that.

This is like turning over the compost pile. When it gets some age on it, that's when it gets GOOD.

o

This thread has some interesting messages...

"When I piddling, I'm easily distracted"

My wife yells at me if that happens to me.

"When it gets some age on it, that's when it gets GOOD."

I hope so, I'm counting on it.

tj

o

Yeah, I yell at the DH for that, too.

bkay

o

Yes, I started this HVX contribution 3 times, because my family wanted me to do something else. I yelled too, rough times.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here