Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AHS Membership

Posted by steve_mass 5b (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 21:32

This is a reposting of a Don Dean reposting from the Growers of Hosta Seeds Facebook page.

A reposting originally from Sandie Markland 7:12pm Jul 28
If you are not already a member of the AHS and would like to become one AND enjoy our fantastic 2012 publications, you need to join prior to midnight on July 31, 2012. Membership can be entered via credit card through the website at www.hosta.org and by check through the mail. Complete information is available on the website! Don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have questions --- we would love to have you join us!
The American Hosta Society
www.americanhostasociety.org

I think it was Babka who said it's the best $30 you'll spend. Just reading the online journal is worth the price of admission and then you get a $15 off coupon from some of the best Hosta sellers around. Just a few days left.

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: AHS Membership

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AHS Membership

I'm a little confused... what are the advantages of joining now versus August 1?

o

Sounds to me like you'd get the first 2 issues of the Hosta Journal.

o

I have the last Hosta Journal in my car. When I park and drink my coffee and eat a snack, I am retired and have time for that, I read the Hosta Journal and look at the gorgeous pictures, over and over. I am looking now for the summer issue, should be in the mail soon, want to start a library in my car.
Bernd

o

I have the last Hosta Journal in my car. When I park and drink my coffee and eat a snack, I am retired and have time for that, I read the Hosta Journal and look at the gorgeous pictures, over and over. I am looking now for the summer issue, should be in the mail soon, want to start a library in my car.
Bernd

o

$30 if you are a new member, but if you were a member last year it is $35 for renewing late, and they never gave any warning about this added fee. Sure, $5.00 might not be much, but it seems like a slap in the face. Why not make it $35 for the first time and then $30 for renewing to thank members instead? Seems like a strange way to "encourage" renewals.

o

• Posted by irawon Ottawa ON 5b (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 10:36

Are Canadians allowed to Join?

o

Thanks for the reminder that I've been intending to join. It slipped what's left of my drought addled mind. (well I'm using the drought as an excuse. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it, lol!)

Samdy

o

irawon.... I know that there are other international members of AHS. So yes, by all means, join!

o

Irawon There are lots of Canadian members, including me. Are you also a member of the OHS? I know there are other hostaholics very close to you in Ottawa

o

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 19:30

There are over 60 Canadian members, and 15 other countries with members as well.

-Babka

o

Did it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here