o
Another unknown

Posted by bluerose007 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 21:33

Help ID this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another unknown

Are its flowers fragrant, BlueRose? If so, perhaps it's Summer Fragrance.

o

If that is a smaller hosta but looks like a big hosta, I submit it could be a Fair Maiden. My Fair Maiden arrived this spring dormant and I could not believe the look this little thing had. It has a lot of hosta packed into a smaller package. I love it.

Does yours have any gray green 3rd color on the leaves? I cannot quite tell.

Look it up in the Hosta Library to get more photos. Here is what mine looks like. Note flower scapes are really short.Picture taken June 18.
20140618_091012

o

Oh my goodness, Mocc, your Fair Maiden looks like a painting! Wooooow......

o

Undulata Albomarginata

Paul

o

Undulata Albomarginata

Paul

o

Thanks, HTakeover. I am very impressed with the way a small/medium can look as impressive as something like, say, Sagae. Such a neat space-saving package too! :)

o

I'm glad Paul said Undulata Albomarginata. I hesitate to guess on IDs, but that's what it looked like to me.

Mocc, that Fair Maiden has convinced me to move it to the top of my list. I wonder if you hit on the perfect conditions, or if they are all that beautiful. ....Will you ever post a pic of your Victory in flower this year? Here or somewhere else? You showed a photo of it that was gorgeous earlier in the year so I've been hoping to see it with flowers.

o

There is no fragrance. The hosta is mature and quite big. It may look small because of the angle the picture was taken from.

o

Chances are that Paul is right. He usually is.

I looked at photos of my u. albomarginata. I think he's right this time too.

bk

o

I did not recognize U. Albomarginata as being the same as the ones my DH bought 50 years ago. Perhaps his had formed a very special variation on the regular U.A. I've had Fair Maiden on the brain all spring, it is my favorite small/medium this spring. BIG surprise. Somehow it has white on it and still is doing well here. I have no idea why.

I'll post about the Victory in a separate thread, Sandyslopes. That way everyone interested in Victory can contribute something to it.

o

Yay!! I didn't think it looked like moccasinlandings...but I didn't want to guess either but that's what I had on my brain is albo marginata. That's three hostas I was able to identify to MYSELF and then somebody puts the name out so I'm happy I can do that!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here