Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few from 9-July

Posted by bragu 5a DSM (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 21:34

Brave Amherst at left w/ Innis Wood at right.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few from 9-July

Potomac Pride (love the deep green)

o

Elegans gets better every season

o

Nice blue in that Elegans.. I have one that is basically hibernating.. it just never gets bigger.. for maybe 2-3 years no change... it could still be hidden under a garbage can lid...

o

The East Wing … is still crowded

o

And I'll end with Elatior and its 3 ft high scapes …

This post was edited by bragu on Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 22:14

o

Nice plants! I really like the Potomac Pride and Brave Amherst.

For some reason I can't see your picture of Elatior. I have seen a very large one in person though and it is a very impressive plant.
Thanks for sharing!
Linda :-)

o

All your hostas look very well grown, Dave. I really like the "crowded" look of the East Wing...like a 3-D tapestry! These are beautiful hosta you have there, Dave! Elatior is a study in satiny splendour.

o

Well, Dave, I second what Jo said. Beautiful hosta.
Plus I want to make an observation about the influence of light on the colors of the plants. Not simply the colors we see from the camera lens. But I mean, the light the plants get in your latitude and elevation makes your plants look different from mine. And probably from a lot of other people as well.

Those tones on your leaves are so soft and gentle. Nothing harsh and brassy bronze from the burning intensity of our long days, and the longer growing season which must toughen up the leaf, has to for it to survive, right?

I want an Elatior so much, but I know what mine will look like. Some melted frosty coatings from all the blues turn into a green shiny plastic. It makes the blues shiny green things. Which can be attractive, but I'd love to have some blues which stay blues....sigh.

Here in this picture, Lederhosen became this slick green plastic leaf. The #2 which was my NOID, turned out to be High Tide, and it still holds a bit of blue.
Hosta 'Lederhosen' x 2

Then here are the same two plants about a month later in June, both like plastic.
H. 'High Tide' and  'Lederhosen' blooming

You are lucky to be able to grow such beautiful blues, Dave.

o

• Posted by mbug 6 NJ (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 23:57

Wonderful.....a sight to enjoy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here