Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrishow

Finally Got it All Together!

chris-e
10 years ago

Hi Everyone!
I took pictures of some of my hostas that looked really great early in June. Then I forgot how to upload them to the computer, Then forgot how to upload to Photobucket and here. Now that I have finally figured it all out (and will forget again next year,) I want to show some of mine that are ones not usually posted here

ALLEGAN FOG

RED OCTOBER (with a friend)

WHEE! (only the second year)

NIPPERS

WHITE CHRISTMAS

SUMMER BREEZE

VULCAN

GALAXY LIGHT

CAPTAIN KIRK

DARK STAR

i have more to show you, but I will wait until tomorrow so the post won't be too long.

chris

Comments (11)

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing.

Paul

• veryblessed
    10 years ago

Beautiful, love them all!

• flower_frenzy
    10 years ago

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing them. I love "Summer Breeze". I have that one and it really lights up a dark corner!

• jadie88
    10 years ago

It seems most Allegan Fogs I have seen look pretty spindly...yours is the first one I can remember saying "wow" to! They are all very nice!

• mbug_gw
    10 years ago

thanks for sharing...all looking good!

• User
    10 years ago

Thanks for the Nippers picture. Isn't that little hosta amazing? It is a smallish one, maybe will grow up to be a small/medium. The leaves on mine are crinkled like yours are. It has very little if any shine or gloss to the leaves. It has made a very dense mound of matte green dark leaves. I REALLY like it.

I like your Summer Breeze too. It sported from Summer Music, which I have.....and that one is the prettiest thing in my garden and takes a lot of afternoon sun here in zone 9a. If you don't have it, I dare you to look at one....it is irresistable. :)

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    10 years ago

Wonderful photos, I am glad you figured out how to post them. Looking forward to seeing more tomorrow.

Paula

• hostahosta
    10 years ago

Thanks for the pics. First time I've seen an AF that I liked, yours is amazing. Also been thinking about Nippers, nice to see a pic of it.

• irawon
    10 years ago

All your hostas are superb looking. I agree with Jadie... one of the nicest AF I've seen... as well as your White Christmas. Will be looking for the others when you post. And thanks for taking the time to share ... I may have to make room for a Dark Star. Hope it's not a really big one. It reminds me a bit of El Nino, which I really like.

• User
    10 years ago

ChrisE, why not enter your picture of Allegan Fog in the Hosta Library photo contest?

Couldn't hurt, right?

• chris-e
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the nice words, everyone!

Allegan Fog is in its 5th or 6th year, I am not exactly sure. It it was scraggly for the first few years. I am really proud of that one. Yeah Moc, what do I have to lose. I will send it in although they do have a number of pictures of it. I did send in three last night and they only accepted one.

Nippers looks better than that, I took that pic after it rained and it had mud on it. Gotta get some mulch in there!

I swear, Summer Breeze glows in the moonlight.

Dark Star is wonderful. I love the cascading, ripply leaves. Hostapedia says size is 21"x52", but this one is about that and looks like it might get a little larger.

chris

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!