Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
does anybody have a Julie Morss hosta??

Posted by hostacats zone 3b (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 21:40

Is Julie Morss a good hosta or an oldie?? I somehow accidently picked this one up a few weeks ago. I was looking at a blue Hawaii, set the pot down, picked it up again to go pay and voila not the same pot. I just found out its from the family of Frances Williams? AND its large.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: does anybody have a Julie Morss hosta??

I have one,and it's OK,but the variegation,disappears after a short while and it turns green,(viridescent). Not a bad hosta,but really only looks good in early spring. Phil

o

Here in my zone 5 garden it's color holds up longer during our cool summers but once it turns green it's not that noticeable. In your zone 3 you may enjoy it much longer.

o

Cool...ok accidental pick up might be ok in the end! Was choked I accidentally picked that one up instead of Blue Hawaii though. Wasn't paying attention.

o

Julie Morss is a beautiful hosta and not so popular so I am happy to have it in my garden.
Here are some photo's of mine this season.

Early May
 photo IMG_2043_zps48743bd0.jpg

Early June
 photo IMG_2991_zps5ed01e20.jpg

photo IMG_3104_zps0a0ac728.jpg

Late June
 photo IMG_4904_zps625932ac.jpg

Vanessa

o

That is one that should have been included in the bagged bare root collection from Florissa but I have nothing that resembles your beautiful hosta, Vanessa! Wish it weren't so.:-(

o

Ohhhhh....this is a nice hosta!!! When I brought it home I cut a piece off for one of my friends at work, the other girl I can talk to about hostas and she's interested, she's getting hooked. I keep talking about them and showing and she's gotten 19 new ones so far this year because of me!! Hahahaha
Now that I see what Julie Morss looks like I'm glad I accidently picked it up. I had never heard about it either until I picked it up.

michelle

o

Getting reeeealy subtle this time if year here.

o

Hostahillbilly I don't know if I asked you or if you said or if I remember, but do you also live on an acreage?? 850 hostas will need lots of room.......I wish, but I live in the city and I'm starting to run out of room....and I'm just starting with fancier names!!!

michelle

o

Hostacats, so far only about 2 acres are Hosta, watering limitation mostly, so the other 68 is left to nature. The wildlife appreciate the hands-off diversity.

o

Oh wow hostahillbilly you are also in a heaven......wildlife...lots of hosta!! SWEET!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here