Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafwatcher

it is trying trying trying to storm and rain !

leafwatcher
11 years ago

I hope it doesn't get ugly, we have some real wind building.. but possibly some rain will come with it !

Comments (15)

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Trudy I am sending it your way !

• ci_lantro
    11 years ago

So, did it rain for you?

There have been thunderstorms around here but they all go either north or south of me. Skunked again yesterday. :(

• User
    11 years ago

We had a really nice rain in the thunderboomer today. Ahh, it felt so GOOD after things cooled down. I did not have to water anything.

• tepelus
    11 years ago

We had a few sprinkles but the majority of the rain went to the north or the south of us. Always missing us. It's frustrating.

Karen

• trudy_gw
    11 years ago

Leaf watcher you blew to hard.....all we got was wind. Maybe .04 of rain.
    Again this morning it went south!

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We barely managed .5 inch, but it sounded so good to the ear, it was nearly music. It has been that long...it was so nice to feel the chill humidity come thru the window.And WOW, did it cool down.

Only 10 miles north of here they received 2 inches.. would have liked that.

• trudy_gw
    11 years ago

Nice and cool this morning, now 77* at 10:30....will take this over 105* any time.
    Sitting in the screen porch having some coffee this morning, havent sat in the porch the month of July!
    Now if we could just get some of the much needed rain.
    Nice morning for dabbing pollen. Not much pod setting in the hot weather!

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

Yesterday we had a tornado warning, good that nothing happened here. So I brought things into the house, had our 8 flash lights all checked. Only 1/8 rain came last night, but 3/8 this morning, so I do not complain. Probably 200 miles south of here there was damage in Elmira, NY. I like the cooler temperature, hostas look good, soon there will be planting time. I like to remove things now to be ready for planting. Bernd

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Wild storm just passed through and it was like sheet rain, thunder lightning and major winds. Lombardy and wheeping willow was straight sideways. I have branches all over the yard but just as fast as it came, it is gone.. just the mess to clean up. Hope the hosta aren't whipped to shreds. Looked okay without going out with a flashlight.

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

oops should have did a grammar check lol

• tepelus
    11 years ago

Drove from Toledo all the way to Fremont in the pouring rain until just a few blocks from our house and then nothing. The driveway was bone dry. I think nature is playing a cruel joke on us here in Fremont, or at least our neighborhood. Or maybe it's my house. I don't know. There was a hole of blue sky over our house and all around dark rain clouds. Frustrating.

Karen

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

You must be in a similar location we are here in. Any storms or clouds coming from the West always divide 20 miles East from us, part goes northerly, the other part passes us on the South. Other clouds just dry up in front of us, it is frustrating seeing that even in the 6 hour forecast right now.

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

While driving north of my house yesterday I was in the area that got the most rain in the last storm. Wow ! They got more than rain, there was so much corn smashed down in the fields it looked like giants had been out walking crushing the crops. I suppose it was so dry that some strong down force winds just pummeled it.. it was terrible looking.

• trudy_gw
    11 years ago

While driving to Altoona last night we noticed the corn north of us is so dry too. Really sad, corn fields looking crispy. Even though our hostas look bad, feel for the crop farmers and cattlemen.
    Looking at the radar, rain in Iowa but its possibly sliding north of us.

Hoping it gets your area leafwatcher.
    The temps sure are nicer the past couple of days. Even feel like working in the gardens again.
    Have been putting compost in the large cracks in the gardens.

Praying for rain!

• leafwatcher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So frustrating, OBVIOUS rain and deep purple skies only 10 miles north of me yet again !

The weather is such a tease !

I guess you just hope it builds and slides south...

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21