Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another garden view...

Posted by hosta_freak z6 NC (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 21:58

Here is a pic looking down to the bottom of the hill,from the upper garden. Dress Blues is in the middle of the pic near the bottom of the pic. Phil

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another garden view...

So beautiful in such a natural setting. Well done.

Paula

o

Amazing how much you have been able to do in such a vertical space! Gorgeous perspective. You can view your plants at eye level, and then go up higher and look down at the tops.

Don't tell me you did all this hardscaping by hand, you had to have had some power equipment to help? I really admire what you did to create such a unique garden.

o

Gorgeous. Keep the pics coming. I love looking at them.

From this pic it Dress Blues looks similar to Regal Splendor. Is that true?

o

Actually,moccasin all I did was put in steps leading up to here. The path going down to there from the other dirction was always there,as a seemingly natural way to go,all I did was mulch the path.
Dress Blues is really nothing like Regal Splendor,except for similar coloring. It is not vase-shaped,it just grows really well there. Siting is important in how a hosta will grow. This seems to be the perfect place for it. The big green behind Dress Blues is Elatior,and the chartreuse on at the top of the pic is Final Summation. It is finally starting to show its potential this year. Thanks for lookin'. Phil

o

You've got some nice looking property there, Phil.
Love looking at your gardens, they look great.

o

Ahhh, thank you so much for sharing your heaven.

o

• Posted by mbug none (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 19:27

Great post!

o

So, how old is that Final Summation? It is gorgeous !!!

o

Landlady,this is the second year that it has come up,last year was the first time coming up,after being planted in 2010. It didn't do much last year,but there was a big improvement this year. It may take awhile to get to any size,but the leaves are really big this year. Then came the hailstorm in April,and it has some holes in it now. Phil

o

I always love seeing pictures of your beautiful shady gardens. The hosta look so happy in that shade.

o

You do wonderful planning of your garden and a great bench to view your masterpiece is a bonus. One word....wow!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here