Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Empress Wu...finally got it

Posted by mbug 6 NJ (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 22:13

I've been debating this one for a long time. Wasn't sure I wanted to give it the space it needs. Finally pulled the trigger....it was too big and nice to walk away from.... now have to accommodate it.

Empress Wu photo EmpressWu.jpg

....and we all know it is just not proper to get only one, so also came home with
Winter Snow
Winter Snow photo WinterSnow.jpg

Fire Island
Fire Island New photo FireIslandNew.jpg

Fragrant Queen

Fragrant Queen photo FragrantQueen.jpg

Lots of digging this week!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Empress Wu...finally got it

Good for you mbug - I know how you feel, it's impossible to get just one, isn't it? You hear them call your name too?

I'm really happy with my Empress. Planted in the summer of 2012, she's starting to fill out. Can't wait until she tickles my chin in a few years!

o

• Posted by bragu 5a DSM (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 22:36

mbug: listen carefully.

Find a mirror and stare into it … repeating

Empress Wu … I have no room for you … must send you to bragu ...

o

What a great growing plant! You have a looker there.

And, those are nice pair of hens too. They must be pretty large to hold their own with E. Wu.

o

You will not be disappointed with Fire Island
Fire Island photo FireIsland.jpg

Or Winter Snow
Winter Snow photo WinterSnow.jpg

o

That one will get big. My 'Empress Wu' got planted with 2 or more eyes out of a pot in 2010 and is now as shown. Biggest leaves are 14 inches wide, 20 inches long. It grows in shade. Bernd

o

Holy Mole, Bernd, that is a gorgeous hosta. I hope your grandson comes off the video games long enough to see what he grew in the garden.

I have a one eyed (at the start) which has one seedpod on it this year. It is in the ground, in the shade, and I love the way it is growing. It is bigger than my S&S which started in 2010. Wu may not be the most exciting colors and such, but it sure makes up for it in sheer size. And it looks good growing too. It will be bigger than some elephant ears I plant, you know?
:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here