Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta id

And this one

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 23:05

The first pic looks a lot like June. Don't know the second.

-Babka

o

I think your second one is a Lancifolia.

Don B.

o

• Posted by Eleven Michigan 6A (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 14:24

Yep, look like June and Lancifolia to me.

o

Here is my tub of lancifolia taken June 14, 2014. It is not mature so I do not know about the dimples on your plant. But it is in agreement with the leaf shape and color just like mine.
H. lancifolia in a tub

and here is a June which is similar to yours. Taken in 2013
Garden13May029

o

The second hosta looks like it has had effects of the cold winter upon it (the appearance of some corrugation) Other than that, it is Lancifolia.

Definitely agree that it is June in first pic...and very pretty.

Here is a pic of a very mature Lancifolia - and my very first hosta...it's been moved around a lot, gets neglected receiving only rain...when it falls. Growing in a n/w location.

o

Oh boy, Jo, so my lancifolia is right on track. It gets morning sun only, unless I overlooked something. As I move things around the morning sun spots are identified and noted for those hosta which can only thrive in such a spot. I believe lancifolia is one durable hosta, and I like the Tina Turner wig look. Proud Mary for sure!

o

Thanks so much! I split some of the light green one from that picture. I still want to got the variegated one. I will keep my eyes open for it

o

Mocc, you got it! Love TT - danced in the aisles at her concert years ago, woohoo! Lol I've got a TT Lancifolia!

Treetoronto, lovely June and glad you also have Lancifolia :-)

o

I guessed JUne on the first one...I'm getting there.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here