Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Woohoo Sluggo

Posted by i-like-to-grow 6 (brambofrazzleroot@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 22:31

Got my shipment in of sluggo plus today... will be my first time using this brand of iron phosphate... and I'm relieved to know I can get 10lb jugs for $80...

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Woohoo Sluggo

Good for you to kill those slugs!
But a 3 lbs jug of Bug Geta Plus costs only $9.24 at HD, 10 lbs would be around $31 plus tax. No cost of shipment, I go there anyway often. It kills well!

o

Metaldehyde baits are much cheaper than iron phosphate... but I don't want to chance it with my little dog and 2 year old son.... this is a deal for me... I was paying 14 dollars a pound for lily millers iron phosphate at lowes..lol
John

o

I just purchased Sluggo Plus 2.5 lbs for $20 at a local nursery (Linders) they had 33% off for this weekend only. I was lucky. They were out of a lot of the other items I had hoped to get. I like the fact that it should also help with cut worms. They are a problem for me.

Now, to read the directions and apply correctly. Any success stories out there?

Beverly

o

Both Metaldehyde and Spinosad are mildly toxic. Poisoning with organic chemicals or with a synthetic chemicals is not very different except the organic poison seems to be far more expensive.

Jon

o

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 20:09

I love the Sluggo stuff. No slug/snail bodies or goo or slime trails here any more. No holes either. No pets, but I don't like the way the Bug Geta leaves the corpses. I don't care for the way the Bug Geta pellets swell up and look like little bits of puke. We have to use these products year around because of no freezes.

It's the Carbaryl in the Bug Geta Plus that I won't use around my fruit and veggies.

-Babka

o

I am planting outside and any slime traces will dry up or will be washed away by rain. In pots the slime did also disappear in days and dried up slugs look like bark. I like that BugGeta lets the slugs leave a trail because that indicates to me that slugs were around and it GOT them. And again, no problems here ever with kids and critters. Sluggo is also poisenous per Bill Meyers findings. Bernd

o

Now THAT's what I was looking for. Those little bitty shaker bottles and pouches were just too wimpy for the big time application to get the slugs. AND cutworms! boy are they a pain. I look and can never see them.

o

Look it up on eBay... 80 bucks free shipping

o

Look it up on eBay... 80 bucks free shipping

o

Sluggo is also available at Costco.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here