Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildernesswen

Mr. Cory's part 2

WILDernessWen
10 years ago

Cyn427---If you are looking for perfectly manicured hosta gardens Mr. Cory's Wildflowers is not for you. If you are looking for thousands of hostas growing in a woodland setting then you have to go see Mr. Cory's gardens. We thought we were lost driving into a residential area, but there it was nestled at the end of the street. Beep your horn and wait for a shout back from the woods Mr. Cory will come greet you. The driveway is loaded with pots of hostas and his front yard is tables and benches filled with more. If you don't like any of those he'll dig up one from his raised beds, or from out of the woods. I came home with a hitchhiker a native poppy to Ohio growing with Abba Dabba Do. After an hour or so of hosta talk and a tour I looked over and my DH and Mr. Cory were sitting in the shade shooting the breeze. Time for me to shop. I purchased 8 hostas and some pulmonaria.

Abba Dabba Do
Lakeside Shore Master
Holy Mole
Old Glory
Summer Breeze
Sweet Home Chicago
Prairie Dazzler
Captain Kirk. All just $10.00

If you plan on a visit I'd suggest spring when all the flowers are in bloom. Bring bug spray. Several that are listed on his website that I wanted he didn't have. I'm happy with my selection and thrilled to have met Mr. Cory.
It was a beautiful day. WW

P.S. that's it for my hosta shopping this year. Still have a few months to figure out where I will plant them. We're off to the races tomorrow, day 2 of our one- tank- trips vacation.

Comments (2)