Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More new plants

Posted by mbug NJ (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 22:44

I am planting two new beds. Both will get a couple of hours of direct sun ...one morning sun one afternoon sun. Both areas are about 25' long and 4/5 ' deep. I still have some room in shade areas if necessary.
All plants are pretty good size...most from nursery.
Fortunei Aureomarginata
Deep Blue Sea
Diana Remembered
Dream Weaver
Golden Tiara
Guacamole
Olive Bailey Langdon
Niagra Falls
Summer Breeze
Whirlwind
AND Happy Hippo, one no one seems to have heard of.
All comments appreciated. Thanks and stay cool if you can!

Any suggestions for planting combinations/arrangements and companion plants would be welcomed. Should any stay out of the direct sun altogether?

Happy Hippo
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More new plants

About Happy Hippo, did you read underneath that name (Tokudama Flavocircinalis)? I read it in a nursery on the label. It seems that since many people can not pronounce and spell that long name they gave it a simple name for Sales.
Bernd

o

• Posted by mbug none (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 15:51

Bernd....I thought it was TF also, but when I posted that in an earlier thread a couple of the more knowledgable veterans said it was not.....so I'm not sure.

o

I nearly bought that plant a month ago, but then saw the Tokudama name underneath in parentheses, and I have that. Otherwise they would have listed a cultivar for example like H. tokudama 'Happy Hippo'. But obviously I could be wrong.
Bernd

o

I've seen this plant in multiple nurseries and all are labeled underneath as Tokudama Flavocircinalis. I think it's nothing more than a sales gimick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here