Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neptune keeping that fabulous color

Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 23:01

Neptune is new for me this year. Here we are almost into August and it is still keeping that soft wonderful color.

-Babka

photo IMG_4353_zpsea43e949.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neptune keeping that fabulous color

LOVE it!! Love all the hostas you have hanging around him.

michelle

o

I, too, planted a Neptune this summer after seeing a breathtakingly beautiful one in a display garden. Love yours!

o

That is a nice hosta, Babka.

bk

o

Babka, your Neptune is lovely. I think it's one of the best newer solid colour plants on the market.
Vanessa

o

Your Neptune is looking great. So are its "companions!" Adding to my wish list!

o

Neptune in pretty deep shade, zone 7a, overhead watering, new from Hallson's this spring. Babka, how do you keep yours so pretty in zone 9b?
Kathy

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 12:56

Kathy- We don't get excessively hot here because of ocean and bay influences, so the "bloom" stays on the hostas mostly. Zone 9b just refers to the winter cold temps and we don't freeze, with only occasional frost for a couple hours. I use a wand to water the pots as our hard water leaves spots on everything. My hostas won't ever get as big and beautiful as yours, but they still provide a lot of enjoyment (and frustration sometimes!).

-Babka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here