Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Odd Hosta redux: H. 'Lakeside Shadows'

Posted by hostahillbilly Zone 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 23:02

My prior post about odd ones started with H. 'Goober'.

Today I decided that this one certainly qualifies:

Hosta 'Lakeside Shadows':
LakesideShadows2012-07-13_17-05-21_622

Now, besides H. 'Praying Hands', what Hostas do you consider 'odd-balls'?

I'm thinking 'Galaxy', many of the (late, darn it) Brian and (still with us, thank goodness) Virginia Skaggs 'Xanadu' series, even, perhaps, the pretty much sterile (darn it), 'Savannah Supreme'.

Y'all's thoughts on this, please?

hh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Odd Hosta redux: H. 'Lakeside Shadows'

Little Curly Fries that I just posted a pic of earlier today in another thread, Favorite of the day.

Sandy

o

I thought this was a test or trick question. That one has those blotchy HVX looking like 'shadows'. The Hosta Library shows it the same way. Did you check it with those Agdia strips? My only H.'Honeybells' looked the same way, Agdia strips indicated HVX, and I sprayed it with Roundup foam.
Bernd

o

Must be a trick question, for HH knows his stuff.
I was thinking somebody sprayed that hosta with bleach!!
But other than a disease, what sort of plant grows that way?

o

I saw that hosta in somebody's catalog recently, forget where now but I had the same reaction--is that for real? Looks virused, and looked it up on HL.........some kind of weird color change? It is a Lakeside plant, can't really see Lakeside introducing a virused hosta. I don't think that one is going on my wish list tho.

Sandy

o

I saw that hosta in somebody's catalog recently, forget where now but I had the same reaction--is that for real? Looks virused, and looked it up on HL.........some kind of weird color change? It is a Lakeside plant, can't really see Lakeside introducing a virused hosta. I don't think that one is going on my wish list tho.

Sandy

o

Cogglywood is an oddball. Mine had a hard year (eaten to the ground twice) and is recovering in a pot, so no photo. It's kind of an ugly duckling, but I really like all the spots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here