Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Victory with flowers and seedpods

User
9 years ago

Victory is a HOTY and a great plant.

I got mine from Green Hill (Solbergs). In 2013 it made a spectacular show in bloom, and it repeated it this year. I forget how many scapes of flowers it produced then, but this year it was 6.

One thing about the Victory scapes. They are very tall, and until the blooms begin to open and weigh the stems down, they can stand up fine. After that, I must clip them together so I can walk the garden paths around it. I use hair clips and lengths of skinny bamboo canes. I do not want to cut the scapes off. Oh heavens no. Victory forms a goodly number of fat long seedpods. It is quite a generous hosta in every respect.

Pictures, did you say? Okay. I think you will get the message without further text, right? Here first are the 2013 photos.

April 2013

June 2013

jULY 2013

July 2013

August 2013....note the HEIGHT of the scapes & the SEEDPODS

Now 2014

May 29 2014

...on July 12 2014, lots of seedpods. Victory on the tall stump with really long scapes horizontal over the backs of the golden hosta row.

That pretty much brings it up to date. i'm hoping some fragrant pollen was shared in those seedpods. Plus, the plant itself, besides the flowers and the scapes and the fertility, it is a beautiful easy to grow hosta. A real winner which can grow in zone 9a and look good doing it..

Hope this helps, Sandyslopes.

Comments (2)