Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Panoramic View: First Attempt, Should I Try Again?

Posted by hostahillbilly Zone 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 23:58

I was sitting in my north garden panoramic view chair waiting for a scheduled tour when I discovered that my (fairly new) smarty pants phone cam had a stitch-them-together panoramic view function.

What fun. You can see here that it caught the arriving visitors car in two shots whilst I 'panned' the camera to create this wide-area view of some of our garden from my 'lazy-mans' view chair:
panoramic view from north2012-07-21_10-03-26_755

Several of the shots as you pan left are so blurred, a problem of my 'familal shakes', sorry.

Still, an interesting idea for sharing our gardens, no?

hh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Panoramic View: First Attempt, Should I Try Again?

That is wonderful! It is great to see the photo from a broad perspective. Can you get a wee bit closer?

o

paula,

This new panorama thingie on my cam in the smartie pants fone thing is a new thingie to me, but I'm thinking that if I go closer I'd get less, in terms of side-to-side coverage.

I've yet to think it all through, as yet.

At least this view give you an idea of how I relax between dragging hoses or being a wheelbarrow mule to maintain the garden, eh?

hh

o

Nice to see a panoramic view of your gardens. I agree with Paula. I would like a bit closer view. BTW I loved your picture of Squash Casserole with vistas of your other hostas in behind.

o

What fun. Wish I had been in that 'arriving visitors car'.Your panoramic view is just a teaser!
Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here