Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavenderlver

Lavender's Hosta Garden

lavenderlver
11 years ago

I apologize in advance for starting another thread of garden pictures, not sure if it's proper protocol? This is my garden's first summer and my hosta were just little guys when planted. Some were in rough shape...for some reason I always choose the uglies. I should add, the black mulched areas are our property, the brown mulched area, our neighbors. Property lines are wonky in this neighborhood.

I'm still learning and experimenting with sun/light needs and watering requirements. The path needs to be lengthened and some things need to be tweaked, but all in all, I'm pretty content with how it turned out.

Thank you for looking!

Comments (8)

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

Nicely done Lavender. It is going to fill in with size and additions (I'm sure) into a great space.

Jon

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

I like it a lot. Good work. You have Oak leaves falling already? Where are you located?

Steve

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

very nice ... ken

• Cher
    11 years ago

It looks lovely. I can't get over the amount of leaves you have down also.
    Cher

• lavenderlver
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Left of Cape Cod Steve and thanks all!

• hostahillbilly
    11 years ago

This is another super example of a garden that will be greatly appreciated by us if you keep at least a pair of yearly pics, early and late season year by year.

It, so far, looks like a very interesting start!

hh

• irawon
    11 years ago

I like the layout of your hosta garden. The garden bench looks as though it should be there... you have a view to both the street and part of your garden. And you're wise not to cram in too much at once. I bet you can hardly wait till next spring.

• lavenderlver
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hopefully, my picture taking skills improve, yearly pics are a great idea HH. Thanks Irawon, and I am looking forward to the garden filling in.

Am I the only newbie who has nightmares of none of my hosta coming back next spring?

Here's some plants from the back garden:

Elegans (1st year - where's Ludi?)

Frances Williams (1st year, not much progress)

A trio of Whee, Bl Mouse Ears and Sleeping beauty (1st year)

My favorite-June (recently planted)