Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lavender's Hosta Garden

Posted by lavenderlver none (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 7:16

I apologize in advance for starting another thread of garden pictures, not sure if it's proper protocol? This is my garden's first summer and my hosta were just little guys when planted. Some were in rough shape...for some reason I always choose the uglies. I should add, the black mulched areas are our property, the brown mulched area, our neighbors. Property lines are wonky in this neighborhood.

I'm still learning and experimenting with sun/light needs and watering requirements. The path needs to be lengthened and some things need to be tweaked, but all in all, I'm pretty content with how it turned out.

Thank you for looking!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lavender's Hosta Garden

Nicely done Lavender. It is going to fill in with size and additions (I'm sure) into a great space.

Jon

o

I like it a lot. Good work. You have Oak leaves falling already? Where are you located?

Steve

o

very nice ... ken

o

It looks lovely. I can't get over the amount of leaves you have down also.
Cher

o

Left of Cape Cod Steve and thanks all!

o

This is another super example of a garden that will be greatly appreciated by us if you keep at least a pair of yearly pics, early and late season year by year.

It, so far, looks like a very interesting start!

hh

o

• Posted by irawon Ottawa On 5b (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 13:05

I like the layout of your hosta garden. The garden bench looks as though it should be there... you have a view to both the street and part of your garden. And you're wise not to cram in too much at once. I bet you can hardly wait till next spring.

o

Hopefully, my picture taking skills improve, yearly pics are a great idea HH. Thanks Irawon, and I am looking forward to the garden filling in.

Am I the only newbie who has nightmares of none of my hosta coming back next spring?

Here's some plants from the back garden:

Elegans (1st year - where's Ludi?)

Photobucket

Frances Williams (1st year, not much progress)

Photobucket

A trio of Whee, Bl Mouse Ears and Sleeping beauty (1st year)

Photobucket

My favorite-June (recently planted)

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here