Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gary tried to kill me yesterday

Posted by ken_adrian MI z5 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 8:36

in a good way ...

i blacked out at some point during the day ... but i think he picked me up near the crack of dawn.. and dragged me all over SE MI .. looking at hosta .. lol ..

my reaction at the link ... i needed a little bike time after ... lol ...

he can start his own thread/post if he cares to blather on about it all ... AND HE BETTER ...

i just wanted to say thanks for driving ... next time.. lets remember to eat and get water.. etc ... [at least i didnt forget to breath ... who needs to eat .. or hydrate .. lol]

ken

ps: dont go to a mail order hosta joint on sunday afternoon ... they are kinda focused on monday shipments .. its kinda hard to stand around.. manuring the fields... while money is flashing behind their eyes ... an extended thank you to said unknown seller ... and that other guy with the minor garden ... you know who you are .. lol ... and i am sure gary will tell all ... i just wanted to build a buzz .... and send a thanks ...

pps: anyone else meet any hosta gurus in the last week or two????

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gary tried to kill me yesterday

Sounds like a perfect day. Were there purchases involved?? New discoveries? Fodder for forum action? Tell more!
Jan

(The link wasn't the one I expected!)

o

Glad, you're O.K., Ken! What would GW be without your expertise...and wit? My daughter (a personal trainer) reminds me all the time to hydrate (and eat), especially when out gardening in the hot sun.

Sounds like you had a fun day. Nice that you had Gary to share it with. Hope to hear the rest of the story.

o

what were you expecting.. blues brothers .. lol ...

i didnt buy any hosta...

i got a piece of a slightly invasive reseeder ... lol ... i think gary will know the name ... lol ..

crikey ... i remembered .. lol ... go figure .... see link ..

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Pictures or it didn't happen! LOL

Glad you had fun, and hey going out in a field of hostas would definitely be my choice of 'ways to go'.

o

It was nice to see you guys. I tried to multitask but sorry you didn't have my full attention. Wish I could have gone with you to see the Wilkins' garden.

I was surprised to see Ken with camera in hand and told him that pictures were okay as long as they all didn't include my backside in the air while digging hostas.

Thanks for the visit.

Chris

o

• Posted by Eleven Michigan 6A (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 15:17

In the last couple weeks, I saw a couple of the same gurus you guys did, but that's it :) Now I'm busy trying to get as much in the ground as possible before my local nursery has its annual flashlight sale. I planted and/or moved 22 plants yesterday! Kinda thankful it's raining so I can't go outside today.

o

Chris' post got me thinking, there's already a Mary's White Backside hosta. I think a whole Backside series could be possible. :)

Just sayin'

Here is a link that might be useful: Mary's White Backside

o

Ken was perfectly safe yesterday.(But if I can ever get him to name me as the recipient of his hosta collection upon his death.... just saying.) Ken is the perfect travelling companion as you can get a very good working knowledge of growing hostas, plus the history behind many of the "Masters". I can only give you one picture as a tease because as soon as Jim Wilkins came out to join us, I was totally loss and amazed at his garden.

o

Ok, just one more picture, before I got lost in the woods.

o

I had the pleasure of visiting the Wilkins' garden back in 2012 with the American Conifer Society. Did someone mention a white backside?

photo wilkins8.jpg

Of course I was focused on conifers, not hosta, but did manage a few hosta pics.

photo wilkins11.jpg

photo wilkins13.jpg

Conifers just seemed to stand out, for some reason.

photo wilkins9.jpg

tj

This post was edited by tsugajunkie on Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 22:34

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here