Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Papou's Liberty 2012

Posted by hostarhodo (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 8:53

Haven't been on here for approx a month, daughter's wedding, moving and such. Remembering Papou, 3 years yesterday, what a great surprise to see Liberty at the top of the page when I opened up GW this am. Congrats to all who worked so hard to make it happen.

I am sure Papou would be humbled and proud.

My Liberty will be moved with some of my other favorites to my new place. From 50 acres to 1/4 acre. Can you imagine if I tried to move them all (200), the 10 biggest ones would fill the lot. Dramatic downsizing. LOL

Will keep checking in, have a lot of posts to read.

Hosta friend, Betty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Papou's Liberty 2012

Good luck in your new place, Betty. As with so many of us, your Papou's Liberty is a wonderful reminder of a towering figure in our hosta world. When you are settled, you must post some pictures of your new gardens, and perhaps one of your view of the harbor and the great North Atlantic beyond. Hope you caught a glimpse of the tall ships.

Steve

o

Thanks Steve. I have many more hosta then I will ever be able to move. What do you "need"/want. Should be able to send some to NB.

I could see the harbor from the old place, but this one is right on the harbor. Front door is maybe 25 feet away. The tall ships passed right by here, some came in Friday evening and then they started leaving early Monday morning. I caught one at 0730 and some after that.

Betty

o

You will like this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click on Papou's Garden

o

I would greatly appreciate suggestions on places to purchase Hosta's
Am attempting to begin a Hosta bed. I've been browsing all the photos of Hostas on Garden Web and certainly see some great looking beds.

Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sandy

o

HI Sandy,

We had a thread earlier this year where several people posted their favorite sources. I think this about covers it.

bkay

Here is a link that might be useful: Where to buy hosta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here