Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Auction Plants

Posted by hostahosta Z6 OH (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 9:22

You all are definitely enabling me. Before I joined this forum, I never ordered a plant on-line, let alone knew about a hosta auction! Well, I placed and received my first bid. You may have created a monster.

Partially unwrapped. Had no idea what to expect as to packing and condition of plants that had been mailed.
Photobucket

Now soaking the roots
Photobucket

Golden Meadows in the garden
Photobucket

Neptune, all planted up.
Photobucket

Wow, ordering on line opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Yes, I am a hostaholic.

Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Auction Plants

Very nice plants, Barb. Can you tell us who the seller was? I love it when they include the scape on a plant like Neptune. Wait til you see the AHS auction.

Steve

o

These are from Naylor Creek. I was amazed to see a scape on Neptune.

o

Yeah, I could recognize the wrapping/packaging technique as the Naylor Boyz. Seen many a one wrapped that way.

And I too love the scapes on them, they take great care to get such a tall scape in the box and on your doorstep without damage, don't they.

In my last few orders all mailorder delivered, I've had many many short scapes from all sellers, and now even more appearing on those same new arrivals just a week later. I took great care to place them in good locations, and we've had mucho rainfall, but absolutely tropical heat and humidity. If those plants from Michigan and Illinois and Vermont and New Hampshire are not in shock, they must think they are back in China along the Yangtze River somewhere.

Your Golden Meadows is superb looking, Barb. Makes me want another one. So glad that hosta are not BABIES. More than one at a time is fine! :)

o

Your plants look really good. Neptune is one I would like to have someday. I love the ruffled edged ones.

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here