Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldtao

Thank You!

oldtao
10 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for their advice, encouragement and assistance.

I have been gardening or "playing in the dirt" as I like to call it for over 23 years and I have "remodeled" my yard at least 3 times. By remodeling I mean literally moving vast expanses of flowers and shrubs from the front yard to the back or from one side of the yard to the other.

My wife claims I move plants around the yard more than she moves furniture around in the house.

When I set out this spring to "get it right" once and for all I knew that I needed sage advice and patience.

I found the sage advice here at the Hosta Forum and the patience is something I have to work on.

Ken is right about the Cherry tree...I know because I already have suckers coming up all over. But while measuring and laying everything out I realized that I had the whole east side of my home that I really pay no attention to and it would make a great hosta garden area and it would involve a lot less work.

I don't have to fool with worrying about the hard clay soil because the soil on that side of the house is not hard....

So, now I can begin this project and I want to thank you all for getting me to stop and think!

Now to get busy taking pictures....

Comments (5)