Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone growing Ripple Effect?

Posted by bungalowmonkeys Va 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 11:30

Grabbed one from Naylor and planted it yesterday. Love the coloring and crazy twists. Its a wild looking sport of June. Anyone else growing this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone growing Ripple Effect?

No I'm not. But now I want to!

o

I planted mine late in the season. Very small and not worth posting a photo. Yours looks great.

DD

o

I had a lovely 2-yr old that was potted last fall and did not survive the winter. Here it is from last year.

Yours is a nice size already! I'm getting another next spring!

This post was edited by josephines67 on Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 15:21

o

Third year plant, probably planted in a tad too much shade.

o

Love that coloring. Such a bummer you lost it. This one is full, but tiny. It is maybe 6" high and wide. Surprised when I unrolled it yesterday to soak before planting, it had 5 eyes and a great amount of roots.

o

I missed that Ripple Effect was a sport of June! How neat is that!

Here it is in April, with a great golden glow about it.
DSCN9679

And here end of May, still looking good, but obviously not in much sun and so lost its bright color. That's it lower right corner.
IMG_20140531_193105

This shot from mid August 2013 shows it still having a lighter (although green) midleaf and doing fairly well.
IMG_20130812_144849.jpg

o

Gary, looks great! What is making you think too much shade?

Moc yours looks great as well. Crazy the color change it has from the golden, to the dark green. Love that apple green it is currently.

o

I was kind of hoping it would hold its lovely Spring color just a tad longer is all. Its simply stunning in the Spring.

o

Here in zone 5 RE took sun from sun- up till around 1:30 which accounts for its brightness. Here is a pic from last October or November...it's last pic..it never lost its colour, even going dormant. Finally, after a frosty night it wilted and went to sleep. Dirt on leaves from rain splashing into pot...

o

Now that's what I was hoping for! Great placement Josephine.

o

Don't have any recent pics, but here's mine at the end of June this year. Mine is in full sun so the center fades to white fairly quickly.

Karen

o

This one is growing in dappled shade Like most of this spring's hostas it came from Hallson's.

Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here