Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

H. the Right Stuff

anyone have a pic???

ken

Comments (11)

• idiothe
    10 years ago

Can't help with that... would you settle for H. "The Wrong Stuff"???

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Aaah! What is it??

Don B.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Aaah! What is it??

Don B.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

a hi jack of my post ....????

lets focus on what i asked.... before we take off on idiots off topic.. THOUGH FUNNY ... reply ..

ken

• dansgrdn
    10 years ago

Ken, I took some photos out at The Land of the Giants a few years ago and I'm pretty sure this is a pic of 'The Right Stuff'

Dan

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Here's one I took from another forum. From RedHosta.com

'The Right Stuff' E. Elslager (ONIR) 2001 Plant: 37 in. (94 cm) diameter, 31 in. (79 cm) high; upright; medium. Leaf: 12 in. (30 cm) long, 12 in. (30 cm) wide; 13 to 14 very prominent underneath pairs of veins; dark green streaked with blue green, medium green, greenish yellow, pale yellow, yellow, golden yell; slightly rippled; slightly shiny on top; glaucous bloom underneath; deeply corrugated and moderately cupped; nearly round; h base; petiole is medium green streaked with creamy white. Scape: 36 to 39 in. (91 cm) long; green. Flower: 2 in. (5.58 cm) long; tubular; Ann Arbor, MI - July 15 to Aug 15; 6/21-7/10-7/19; *codes 3-4-4; Seed: sets pod; dark green seed pod; Clump History: original seedling; 5 yrs old; Ann Arbor, MI; Notable Characteristics: large round dark green leaves of heavy substance streaked multi-colored[H. 'Galaxy' ÃÂ H. 'Incredible Hunk']

Steve

Original Author
    10 years ago

mine is more like steves pic

tending toward as white center

ken

• donrawson
    10 years ago

Hmmm Ken...sounds like yours is becoming a medio-variegated plant...which is named 'The Right One'. Maybe time to divide it if you want to keep it streaked.

By the way, I inspected the plant at Land of the Giants earlier this summer and don't think the substance is any better than average, so the description on the registration sheet isn't accurate IMO: "...large round dark green leaves of heavy substance..." Ken, do you think your plant has better than average substance? If you have a micrometer or calipers, you can measure the leaf thickness (between the veins).

Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks all ...

idiot may now commence the hilarity .. lol ..

sometimes i ask things.. and never get an answer.. because everyone is joking around ...

and i really needed an answer this time ...

anyway .. its interesting in the pix above.. that though both are streaked.. one is edging.. and one i centering..

something bothers me about that ...

i think.. the right one ... is the white center version ...

thanks again... and sorry for going cranky on id and do ...

i dont have a micrometer don ....

ken

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

WOW, congratulations, very nice plants!

• idiothe
    10 years ago

I looked at the sports listing... two medio-variegated names listed, Daredevil and The Right Stuff. The first from Zilis, the second from Eslager. So... sounds like one more double naming of the same plant.

But no edge variegated stabilization - so nobody has found H. The Wrong One yet...