Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esox48

A dog, two frogs and other stuff

esox48
10 years ago

Just wandering around with camera in hand.

This is Colby in the hostas. He's an English Cream Golden Retriever.

Two tree frogs on a volunteer.

Black Beauty, Stargazer, Paradigm, Halcyon, Liberty.

A mess of hostas, including Elegans, Brother Stefan, Krossa Regal, Daybreak, Fort Knox.

Stargazer, Dick Ward.

Comments (9)

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

ESOX...glad you wandered....and shared! Simply beautiful...I was sipping coffee when I opened your post...so I lingered... :-)
    Lovely dog, precious little tree frogs, heavenly hosta!!!
    Thank you,

Jo

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

Love the first pic with the look up the hill. Seems like wonderful light conditions for the hostas. Always happy to see the tree frogs on the hosta - lots of frogs and toads this year in the gardens. Also firefly season seemed very long this year.

Paul

• flower_frenzy
    10 years ago

Beautiful garden and pictures! Very serene. I'm amazed you spotted those 2 frogs at all. They're practically the same color as the hosta they're sitting on!

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Always love to see big mature hostas, and you have some gorgeous ones. Is that beautiful gold hosta Daybreak or Fort Knox? It's really held it's color.

Lots of frogs here, too. I can never resist a frog on a lily (OK, technically a day lily), dozens of photos already but I run for the camera every time.

• esox48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Frogs are great. Usually I see much bigger ones than I saw today.

Daybreak is the bright gold next to Elegans, and the contrast with the blue is striking. Elegans is losing a lot of blue this late in the season. Fort Knox is to the right of Krossa Regal. There is a large Thunderbolt to the right of Elegans, but it's hard to spot in the photo.

The massive gold in the dog photo is Sun Power. My eye always goes there.

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Wow - I thought my Sun Power was big. Yours dwarfs it.

• DelawareDonna
    10 years ago

I can smell the stargazers from here. I love their beautiful aroma. The hostas aren't bad either. Ha!

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Beautiful property, Esox. Is that 'Journey's End' to the left of your 'Sun Power'?

Don B.

• esox48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, that is Journey's End. It's nearly as big as Sun Power. Normally I have both in the same picture and the eye just naturally focuses on Sun Power. So here is Journey's End all by itself.

{{gwi:1069415}}

And since you could barely make out a leaf of Thunderbolt in the picture of a mess of hostas, here it is up close.