Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain

Posted by cyn427 z7aN. VA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 12:16

Rain, glorious rain! I wasn't going to plant any more this year, but now...

I have never bought hostas from any place other than mail order nurseries that we all like and trust, but after reading jonnyb's post about Lowes, I am so tempted to head out this afternoon or tomorrow to see what I can find around here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain

2-3 inches headed here tomorrow with flash flood warnings. Maybe a good time to see if they have any more bargains.

Jon

o

Send some of that rain south!

o

Still some left. (2) more Earth Angels and (4) more Sagae.

photo 2014-08-12001001_zps50ae742f.jpg

It won't last much longer. They have a sign up now. Before I just accidentally found out about the clearance, now they will be gobbled up.

I don't think I'm going to get them in today and tomorrow will be a washout. Thursday with the grandson....hmmm, these could stay in the pots for a few days. I like candles too.

Jon

o

Speaking of rain......we just had the flood gates burst here! Wow, did the heavens open up, thunder, intense lightning...a real show!

In preparation for The City's eventual replacement of my city-owned maple tree (ugh ...ugh...in relation to moisture robbing roots that encroach my front garden), I spent some time this morning digging out sun loving, rock-garden-type perennials. Then I loaded up the wheelbarrow full and wheeled it to the side of the house.

A couple of hours later the rain storm hit and lasted a good forty minutes....when it stopped I thought I had better check the wheelbarrow. Good thing because the pots were swimming! I rescued the plants, filled 4 buckets with the rainwater, sloshed the remainder into a bed and rinsed out the wheelbarrow.

Take a look at my "ark", lol.

o

In order to quickly water the nether regions, I sometimes fill up my wheelbarrow and wobble over to what needs watering and slosh away. It gets strange looks from passers by, but it is effective. Quicker than dragging out a lot of hose or dragging buckets.

Jon

This post was edited by jonnyb023 on Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 9:40

o

LOL! Wobble is right! I inadvertently drowned a hosta because I couldn't control the water displacement! It was like a tsunami effect...

o

It does take blind aim, a good deal of concentration and a steady hand.

o

We got three inches yesterday evening. Thanks. :)

o

'welcome. We are getting a couple today.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here