Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
conniemayon

Same Season Transformations?

ConnieMay ON Z6a
11 years ago

In May I planted a new to my garden Stained Glass. It was already a lovely plant but I think that it is really stunning now. The colour is amazing in it's current spot - I moved it shortly after taking the first pic below.

Please post examples of your same season tranformations.

May 2012:

August 2012:

Comments (11)

• User
    11 years ago

Here is my Fried Bananas in April. It is two plants in the pot.

I'll post the most recent transformation in another post.

• User
    11 years ago

And now the one with the lavender flowered branched scape, that is Fried Bananas today.

• vivian_2010 (IL Zone 5a)
    11 years ago

Here are the Great Expectations in June and August. Survived record high tempt, drought, more than 6 hrs of sun/day, and not much watering due to my out of town schedules. It is a tough plant by my standards. Color became lighter. and It has gotten bigger too.

By the way, I do not post much here but learned a lot from this forum. I googled how to post pictures and found the post by Steve_mass. It is so easy! Thanks for the help!
    Vivian

Great Expectations June 2012

Great Expectations 08/18/2012

• tepelus
    11 years ago

These are from last year, but I think Ice Prancer has one of the most dramatic seasonal transformation of all the hostas I have.

May 23, 2011

September 3, 2011

Goes from a nice icy blue to a dark green. It almost looks like two completely different hostas. I wish it kept its blue longer, but is one of the first of my blues to go green.

Karen

• leaflover76
    11 years ago

Janet Day May 2012

{{gwi:1074974}}

Janet Day July 2012

{{gwi:1074975}}

• leaflover76
    11 years ago

Ghost Spirit May 2012

{{gwi:1074976}}

Ghost Spirit July 2012

{{gwi:1074977}}

• leaflover76
    11 years ago

Orange Marmalade May 2012

{{gwi:1074978}}

Orange Marmalade July 2012

{{gwi:1074979}}

• leaflover76
    11 years ago

Fire Island May 2012

{{gwi:1074980}}

Fire Island July 2012

{{gwi:1074981}}

• leaflover76
    11 years ago

Lakeside Shore Master May 2012

{{gwi:1074982}}

Lakeside Shore Master July 2012

{{gwi:1074984}}

• User
    11 years ago

Absolutely lovely pictures! So very tempting too.

The MOST dramatic transformation was my Stained Glass (#1).
    It wintered over in a small pot, and it never went dormant. There happened to be two leaves that stayed up and active and I thought for sure the plant would die come springtime. Here is the picture of it in the spring, and sure enough, it was on the downward spiral. That's when I bought #2, because I liked the plant. But this is about #1.

And then in the blink of an eye, it seemed, the new growth began. I thought I'd mixed up the two pots, #1 and #2, but I was delighted to see that #1 was flourishing and not dying. And it also bloomed for me late this summer. Quite a recovery. Let's see about a picture of that event.

• ConnieMay ON Z6a
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Awesome photos everyone!

Moccasinlanding - I can't believe how that Stained Glass turned around for you. I almost decided against getting it at all (short on space) but it really is a great plant. And the bonus is huge flowers.

Leaf Lover - I have to have Ghost Spirit. I've never seen it at any of the garden centers here in the Toronto area. If anyone has any ideas of where I might get one I'd appreciate the advice...I'll have to edit out something. :)