Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Subversive activity

Posted by Jan.ON 5b/6 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 12:22

My husband is happy to chauffeur and carry and wait patiently, and he never suggests that I buy too many hostas or pay too much for them, SO I'M NOT COMPLAINING, but he entertains himself while waiting in the garden centre by rescuing NOIDs since he knows that a plant without a name upsets my vision of order. This is his latest addition to the shopping cart. I'll come back in a couple of years and see if it can be ID'd! Not much chance this year eh?
Jan

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Subversive activity

That is so funny! Does he have his own bed(s), or do you let him intersperse his finds with yours?

o

I'm not really sure that he even knows where the garden is!
OK, he does know that, but which ones are hostas???
Jan

o

Jan, how charming a habit.....does he bring home stray dogs too? :)
That one pictured above has a sort of mouse look to it. Is it a pretty small plant? Don't have any Blue Mouse Ears, but have looked at a lot of pretty pictures, and your NOID is potentially a mouse. Not a rat, just a mouse.

o

NO DOGS! We're a cat household, and my son is the culprit/curator/"it followed me home".
I have 'Blue Mouse Ears' and like it a lot, so if this turns out to be a mouse I'll be pleased.
Jan

o

its too immature ...

try again in a year or two ...

open link in new window.. could this have been him???? .. better hope he doesnt find one in the parking lot.. lol ..

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

It's another Greeny! This springs I culled a lot of greeny seedlings. Throw it out! When you want to have more green ones, then leave the seedpots on your hostas and let them reseed themselves. Most of the baby hostas next year will be greenies.
Bernd

o

Here we give these seedlings away to the children of visitors.

'The Friendship Plant',

hh

o

OK you guys are certainly not too supportive of my husband's foray into hosta collecting. We all have to start somewhere. Throw it out??? That might scar him for life! We do have a 'Vulcan' that he chose, and its very pretty!
Jan

H. 'Vulcan'  22/4/12

o

soooo .. he never found a horse with no name ...

ken

o

We live on your typical city lot, but in our younger days(more foolish? more energy?) he lobied for moving to a country property. Staggers the imagination to think of what he could have rescued then! A horse.....would be just the beginning.
Jan

o

'Vulcan' looks like a very nice hosta, I should buy that too. Your green one might become a nice plant with thick shiny leaves in maturity, pretty good. Bernd

o

Jan before he sees you remove the label of a plant you want and have him rescue that one. Save the label until home. You will have to work fast so he does not notice. Mum is the word. Go USA Paula

o

Hahahahahaha @ Ken!!!!!!! Priceless!!!
Jan - Your hubby sounds awesome!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here