Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Annabel Lee pics?

Posted by bungalowmonkeys VA 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 13:29

Just got her in the mail from Naylor. Can't seem to find much info on this one. Purchased this hosta for my 4 year old who shares the same name. She has been my gardening buddy and loves to go hosta hunting. Does anyone grow this? Would love to see a more mature pic and your experience with it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Annabel Lee pics?

I have been pondering purchasing this hosta - if I can fine space for it. What's not to love - crinkly leaves, vigorous grower, and color transitions on the leaves. Nice looking plant you have there. Good luck and take photos of its progress for us to enjoy.

DD

o

Hopefully you will find a spot in your garden for this little hosta. Love the crinkly leaves, they are so sweet. Seems like it would be a good addition. Will keep a pic diary on this one and post pics.

o

I've had this one for several years. This is the second year in the garden below which is mostly mini's and smalls. I suppose it will get too big but I like it here for now. The first picture taken in June the other two a week ago.

Annabel Lee 6-12-14 (276)

7-30-14 (277)

7-30-14 (279)

o

Really enjoy seeing pics of your gardens Mctavish. Love how you have so many interesting spots with rocks, walls and garden levels. Beautiful property. In that very last pic, the hosta on the far left, green with a yellow margin, what is it? I have a NOID that looks exactly like that. The Annabel looks great.

o

Here's mine. The picture was taken in May. It doesn't look like this anymore because I tripped yesterday and fell on top of it. Yeah I felt really stupid.

Steve

o

My kids are always under foot and so is my dog. Im constantly tripping or stumbling because of them. only feel silly when my neighbors or husband sees it. Mainly the husband. He is a jokester and I hate giving him ammo. Your annabel is big and looks great. Such a pretty green and the wild looking crinkles are awesome. How long have you had it? Is it more sun or shade?

o

I appreciate this post. Annabel Lee is on my Wants list.
I'm interested to know about shade, too. I don't have a lot of it, so I must plan!

Here's my pinned picture:

o

That hosta is Illicit Affair. It's in the Cheatin Heart, Faithful Heart family. They are all good growers.

o

This is the third year I've had AL. As you can see in CEFreemans photo, this is one hosta that looks really good with its flowers on. The scapes are red.

Here's another photo.

Steve

o

It does look good with those wild looking scapes. CEFreeman, planted mine in a new bed off my deck. It gets full afternoon sun from 1-4:30. Hopefully it wasnt the wrong spot. I'll keep you posted and put a pic up after a month or so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here