Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For the collector! :)

Posted by jarih 4 in Finland (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 14:07

I asked about Totally Awe Sum. Unfortunately there was only one picture BUT very good opinions about unique, "commercial", for the collectors hostas. Some like some not. Here is another hosta, Foxfire Palm Sunday. It was available last year here in Europe (expensive) but not this year any more. Is it good garden plant? Any pictures? Maybe I am victim of advertisement because I can't see these hostas alive here. The only way is to order - now I have this forum to hear / read experiences. I quess someone have some kind of experience about FPS. Mine is slow in spring, nice colours but maybe too slow in near polar circle.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For the collector! :)

Here is a pic of my FF Palm Sunday

Ed

Here is a link that might be useful: Foxfire Palm Sunday

o

Here is Foxfire Good Friday

Ed

Here is a link that might be useful: Foxfire Good Friday

o

Two very beautiful plants, with a family resemblance.

Jarih, I do not see hosta in the gardens around here. We are on the southern limits of hosta growing, you are near the northern limits. I see pictures instead of the real growing living plant, and have to go from there.

So I understand what you mean. Your plant is doing very well when you consider you are near the polar circle? wow, that is amazing.

o

I have seen pictures of huge vegetables grown in Alaska because every summer they have many weeks without the sun going down. Perhaps hostas should also grow huge in a short but all night summer in very North regions?
Bernd

o

I'm very interested in international participation here!

Whilst not 'quite' 'international', I recently noticed that the U.S.A. state of Alaska encompasses U.S.D.A. Zones 1 through 7. Wow, do we have folk here from there?

On the hostapix list there are a few folk from New Zealand that make that venue very interesting, especially since their 'season' is opposite from ours.

hh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here