Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another leaf another problem?

Posted by amberdim 6b (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 14:47

Please have a look. Normal or not. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another leaf another problem?

One more picture

o

I've got my share of such...and I attribute it to winter...then spring frosts.
I have found that the outermost leaves (first ones to emerge) are the only ones affected. The subsequent flushes of growth are normal.

I don't recognize the hosta but some take on corrugation towards maturity. Anything is possible ... that this may be what is happening...or just weather related. If you know the name of it you could look it up to see how it looks at maturity.

If it's not a rugose hosta, it likely will return to normal next year. :-)

Jo

o

I don't see a problem. I went out to look at some of my relatively smooth leaved hosta. Most all have a few corrugations.

bk

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 16:25

As long as the "bumple" is convex on one side, and concave on the other, you're fine.

-Babka

o

Thank you all . This is Jade Cascade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here